• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Ready to move to the next feeder size?

xStaticSnow

I wish I had a sensitive scale so that I could weight my snake and feeders, but my old one broke and I have yet to buy a new one.

I think my pewter is ready to move up from fuzzies to what hopper/weanlings (whatever it is that I have) but I'm always super nervous about moving my snakes up a size...

I took some photos with the two mice sized next to my snake. He has been eating the fuzzies, but the older mouse honestly doesn't seem much "girthier" than the fuzzy.

Does he look ready to you guys?

Attachments

• img_2662.jpg
    img_2662.jpg
    259.5 KB · Views: 88
  • img_2663.jpg
    img_2663.jpg
    254.1 KB · Views: 88
  • img_2665.jpg
    img_2665.jpg
    242.6 KB · Views: 88
  • img_2664.jpg
    img_2664.jpg
    265.4 KB · Views: 88
  • rsz_img_2667.jpg
    rsz_img_2667.jpg
    50 KB · Views: 87
I also agree that he could take hoppers no problem. My fuzzies look almost as big as those hoppers. Nice snake :)

Thanks for posting this!

My snake Henry is about the same size of your guy and I've been concerned about bumping him up. He's 73g so according to Munson he should be fine but I wasn't sure. This makes me feel better.

Thanks for posting this!

My snake Henry is about the same size of your guy and I've been concerned about bumping him up. He's 73g so according to Munson he should be fine but I wasn't sure. This makes me feel better.

Munson's feeding plan has worked wonders for my snakes so far :) I'm sure it can be applied loosely to some other colubrids as well.

I base feeding off of the Munson plan - letting them get a little bigger than the chart says before moving to the next prey size. I feel more comfortable being cautious.

OP I would say your pewter could move up to the larger mouse pictured no problem :)

Back