CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Rat rack tubs

Old 11-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #1
5timestwisted
Question Rat rack tubs

Hey guy's -n- gal's i built a rat rack and im having no luck finding the black motar tubs (MacCourt Tubs) up here in Canada. Home Depot U.S. has them but my local store doesn't stock them nor does Rona and they won't order them in. I'm trying to avoid ordering from the states due to its built and i want them now!! I jumped the gun and followed some plans on this site now i just need the tubs. Help Please!

Old 11-11-2010, 01:46 AM   #2
Leew
I am a professional cabinet maker. I buy the "hardware" first and build the cabinet second. Just a thought. .

Old 11-11-2010, 01:54 AM   #3
5timestwisted
Understood and noted!! ( and i got the "dumbass" from the wife already also) My AFS breeding is growing and im turning people away so everything was a rush, didn't stop to think it would be this difficult to find them localy!

Old 11-11-2010, 04:34 AM   #4
ShenziSixaxis
Use whatever tubs you get, Sterilite works. After two months, neither my ASFs or my Norway rats have chewed out. Sure, they're chewed a lot on some clips the tubs use to keep the lids on, but the lids still work.

You don't need Mortar tubs unless you have super chewers who need more than a block of wood or an empty card board hide box.

Old 11-11-2010, 10:19 AM   #5
dickdeuel
I mail order these from the Consolidated Plastics web site. They are heavy duty and rats have never chewed out. Rats will eventually chew out of any of the Rubbermaid, Sterlite, etc. storage containers. They have too many ridges and corners for them to start on.

Old 11-12-2010, 12:01 AM   #6
knox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leew View Post
I am a professional cabinet maker. I buy the "hardware" first and build the cabinet second. Just a thought. .
He already said he jumped the gun. No need to kick him while he's down.

Just a thought...

Old 11-12-2010, 11:37 PM   #7
5timestwisted
I'm not ordering online for any, i'm just going to rip everything apart and fab p a new one with smaller bins. More bins, smaller groups of AFS's, a little more work cleaning every week but o-well such is life. ( mabie i can get my wife to do it!! lol ) Thanks for the responces gys n gals! Peace!

Old 11-14-2010, 12:45 AM   #8
5timestwisted
Here we go!!! I went out to the local Dollar store and found some cat litter pans that are nice thick plastic, shocked me... Going to take the rack back to work cut it apart and fab up a new one now. The rack was going to be 5 large tubs, now i have 12 litter pans. I'll post some pic's after i cut and weld up the rack. Peace!

Old 11-14-2010, 03:28 AM   #9
ShenziSixaxis
Make sure the rack's structure can hold the weight. Lots of rats can weigh a LOT.

Old 11-14-2010, 12:59 PM   #10
5timestwisted
Thanks, i'll keep that in mind as i build! Peace!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google