CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > DIY Projects
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

DIY Projects Use this forum to post threads related to home made projects for your corns... Vivariums, hides, decorations, accessories, you name it. Anything to save some bucks or give your personalized touch.

Reptile room project
Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-30-2017, 08:32 AM   #11
Reptile Lover 23
Its been a few months and i have made some progress. sorry for the lack of photos the weather hasnt been to good and i have just wanted to get on with it but heres the most up-to-date photos






Any questions please ask
 
Old 10-30-2017, 09:37 AM   #12
DollysMom
Looking good. Thanks for the update!
 
Old 10-30-2017, 11:17 AM   #13
Corning
Looks great!


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 
Old 10-31-2017, 02:44 PM   #14
Twolunger
You are doing a great job. I built a few buildings like that for animals and reptiles, and it costs quite a bit to do a really good job. I did build one that was for lizards and tortoises and instead of using wood for the walls I used what I think was called double sided polycarbonate. It came in sheets and the sun's rays heated the interior like a greenhouse. If it was too hot in the summer I had a screen shade that I pulled over the roof, plus an exhaust fan. I could even grow plants and flowers inside and the chameleons loved them.
 
Old 10-31-2017, 03:05 PM   #15
MysticExotics
Looks great!
 
Old 10-31-2017, 04:05 PM   #16
Reptile Lover 23
thanks for your replys, there has been some more progress, will upload photos tomorrow

(My Next door neighbours who dont like me)- Reported me to the Building inspectors

so a Building inspector came round today. which i was un-aware of but i was expecting a visit due to how sad the neighbours are and wanted to see what all the complaints were about.

(so i took him through the house and explained the plan to him) - all fine

we then went out side so he could have a look and get some measurements, needless to say the building inspector was very understanding and understood the reasons as to why im building a shed. he said everthink is within the limits of hight and ground space used and dose'nt seam tobe more than 50% used (50% is the limit of ground space that can be built on) and said im fine to continue with the build, he said i should get the planning permission as he see's no problem with the (Building) and also said once the shed is complete to get the building regulation inspectors in just to give it a go over and make sure everythink is A-OK then i should get the certificate

(if they tell me to take it down then i have already said that the older shead and the cat run will be taken down instead but it shouldnt come to that)

Finger crossed
 
Old 11-03-2017, 07:43 AM   #17
vera_r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Lover 23 View Post
Hi all

This is going to be an on-going project for the next few months,

With my reptile collection getting bigger and now i have started breeding cornsnakes i have decided that im going to build an 8ftx20ftx8ft Reptile room in my back yard (others may call this a shed)

It is going to be insulated and have 240v along with a backup power supply (generator)

it is going to have an incubator room to one end. which will be temperature and humidity controlled.

i makeing my first purchase of the battens to make the frame for the reptile room next month which will cost £223.92

In the mean time im getting some breeze blocks and a door and door frame for the reptile room

then the month after i will be buying the shiplap cladding which will cost £239 for 220mtrs

If you like the idea please let me know, i will be taking photos along the way if i get any intrest
I would love to see your project all the way through! My boyfriend and I had not considered building an outbuilding for our babies, but that may be just what we need! Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
Old 11-03-2017, 07:28 PM   #18
Reptile Lover 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by vera_r View Post
I would love to see your project all the way through! My boyfriend and I had not considered building an outbuilding for our babies, but that may be just what we need! Thanks for the idea!

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

There has been some more progress will put some photos on tomorrow, hope i can help in some way.
 
Old 11-03-2017, 07:41 PM   #19
vera_r
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Lover 23 View Post
There has been some more progress will put some photos on tomorrow, hope i can help in some way.
Ty

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
 
Old 11-05-2017, 06:54 AM   #20
Patmart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reptile Lover 23 View Post
thanks for your replys, there has been some more progress, will upload photos tomorrow

(My Next door neighbours who dont like me)- Reported me to the Building inspectors

so a Building inspector came round today. which i was un-aware of but i was expecting a visit due to how sad the neighbours are and wanted to see what all the complaints were about.

(so i took him through the house and explained the plan to him) - all fine

we then went out side so he could have a look and get some measurements, needless to say the building inspector was very understanding and understood the reasons as to why im building a shed. he said everthink is within the limits of hight and ground space used and dose'nt seam tobe more than 50% used (50% is the limit of ground space that can be built on) and said im fine to continue with the build, he said i should get the planning permission as he see's no problem with the (Building) and also said once the shed is complete to get the building regulation inspectors in just to give it a go over and make sure everythink is A-OK then i should get the certificate

(if they tell me to take it down then i have already said that the older shead and the cat run will be taken down instead but it shouldnt come to that)

Finger crossed


Why canít people leave you alone there is nothing to moan about
It looks great so far


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
 

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google
 
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:18 PM.



Ebates Coupons and Cash Back

Fauna Top Sites
 

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.3
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Page generated in 0.03039408 seconds with 9 queries
Copyright Rich Zuchowski/SerpenCo