CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Hurricane Irma

Old 09-03-2017, 07:06 PM   #1
Rich Z
Hurricane Irma

Well the forecast track I have been watching has changed drastically from what I saw yesterday. Now the track shows it heading directly for Miami, and then abruptly making a northerly turn right before land fall. So it seems obvious that they really don't know what it is going to do and everyone on the east coast of the USA needs to keep a sharp eye out for this storm.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=34.4;-72...0911/06&w=soft

Old 09-04-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Rich Z
Well, their forecast has changed yet again. Now they are saying Irma will skirt the northern edge of Cuba and come up into the Gulf, with landfall around Marco Island.

https://www.ventusky.com/?p=25.8;-80...0911/06&w=soft

Subject to change without warning, of course. Seems like every subsequent forecast is bringing the track further west.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:30 PM   #3
Twolunger
Well everyone is in panic mode around here. If Irma makes it to Cuba and turns into the gulf the outlook isn't good for Charlotte Harbor.

Old 09-06-2017, 02:36 PM   #4
DollysMom
All my best to you and Connie, Rich. I hope it turns out better than it is looking. Same to you Twolunger.

Thinking of you all who are in the path or even the general area. Praying for the best. Stay safe.

Old 09-06-2017, 04:01 PM   #5
Twolunger
I'm feeding all my snakes today just in case I have to flee up north. I know I'll have time before I have to feed again. My friends think I'm nuts, they are worried about damage to their homes and I'm worried about my snakes. Anyway, we have taken all the precautions FEMA recommends, and have the car filled up with gas in case we have to make a run for it.

Old 09-10-2017, 03:32 PM   #6
DollysMom
I'm not sure any of you are in positions to post or to read this. My prayers continue. Thinking of you as you face Irma.

Old 09-10-2017, 08:53 PM   #7
Rich Z
Things haven't gotten too bad yet. The fact that the storm moved onshore and is weakening helps a lot up here in the north part of the state, but certainly not so much for people on the southwest coast of Florida. But on the other hand, had Irma just stayed offshore and cruised up alongside the coast, it would be a LOT worse for a LOT more people.

I'm guessing power will go out here sometime and not sure for how long, as I'm sure a lot of people are going to be without power because of the storm.

Luckily I fixed the Onan generator, so we will have power over in what used to be the old reptile building, and in the garage. We cleaned up the reptile building, so we can sleep in there if necessary.

Hopefully Irma doesn't swing back to the west and then come up the Gulf of Mexico. But heck, looking at the weather radar, just about everyone in Florida is going to be touched by this monster.

Thanks.

Old 09-10-2017, 09:07 PM   #8
Rich Z
Looks like every bit of Florida is going to get hammered by Irma.

Old 09-11-2017, 04:38 AM   #9
MysticExotics
I heard that the eye absorbed and is now a Cat1. I hope it continues to decrease.

Old 09-11-2017, 05:34 AM   #10
Patmart
Does anyone know how Orlando is getting on my 17 year old granddaughter there
Pat

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google