CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Has anyone used Rodent Pro?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:33 AM   #11
Silvergrin
blueapplepaste, I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking what didn't you like about rodent pro?

Old 12-14-2008, 02:47 AM   #12
Brandi
Thumbs up Two Thumbs Up for RodentPro

I just wanted to add my two thumbs up for RodentPro...I have been using them for about four years now. They send fresh, quality rodents that always arrive exactly when they say they will...and they arrive frozen solid due to the dry ice they pack them with! And their prices can't be beat. To top it all off, they offer awesome sales sometimes like the one they are having right now.

Old 12-14-2008, 12:33 PM   #13
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Susan View Post
I've used RodentPro for years and have always been pleased with their product, their service and their prices.
Double Ditto.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghosthousecorns View Post
but my snakes have thrived on RP diet.
Ditto Squared!

D80

Old 12-14-2008, 01:02 PM   #14
Cornsnake124
I started using rodent pro when the person I got my rats from (a friend of my brother in law's) had a shortage because he had so many BIG snakes. So far the service has been great.

Old 12-14-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
*salAMANDA88*
Well thanks you guys..I plan on making a order tomorrow..
Thanks again to all who replied!

Old 12-14-2008, 02:41 PM   #16
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueapplepaste View Post
I tried them twice and was disappointed both times. I've taken my business to Big Cheese Rodents. Probably won't ever go back to Rodent Pro.
Same thing here, exactly. I switched to The Mouse Factory though. I don't like that the mice from RP come with lots of stinky bedding and mouse poo. It brings ugly thoughts to my mind about how they are housed, likely throughout their lives. They may not be accurate images, but there they are nonetheless. Besides, I couldn't put those in my freezer with my food.

It's quite possible that TMF and BCR just do a better job of cleaning them before packing, but they don't stink!

Old 12-14-2008, 02:42 PM   #17
tricksterpup
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drizzt80 View Post
Double Ditto.

Ditto Squared!

D80
What he said..

But yeah, they are a great group to go to especially if you have ALOT of snakes and need hundreds of mice.

Old 12-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #18
Blue Apple Herps
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergrin View Post
blueapplepaste, I'm curious, if you don't mind my asking what didn't you like about rodent pro?
Both of my orders arrived with about half of the order thawed out (I mean completely thawed out). They did an extremely poor job packing and ensuring that the order would stay frozen both times. I also found the sizes to be VERY inconsistent. In a bag of fuzzies, I had mice that didn't even have any fur on them (aka pinkies), up to fully furred mice that were easily small adult size - all in one bag. That was the worst example of inconsistent sizes - but pretty much all of the bags had an unacceptable level of sizing differences.

Since switching to Big Cheese, I haven't had any of these problems. Sizes are dead on, and they also vacuum seal the bags/trays of mice as well which is a big plus.

Maybe RP has gotten their act together, but they've already botched it with me. I found a new, superior company that I'm very happy with.

Old 12-16-2008, 11:55 AM   #19
Silvergrin
Oh, yuck! The thawing issue is horrible, I don't blame you for switching! (er, not that I would "blame" you otherwise, either!)

I've never had a problem with their packaging but I agree there can be some size variation... I don't mind it for what I'm doing, but I could see it being bothersome.

Old 12-16-2008, 02:39 PM   #20
Drewby07
Has big cheese been shut down? I can't find their site using google...

never mind...www.bigcheeserodents.com

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google