CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

still wont eat help!

Old 01-26-2009, 11:00 PM   #11
wakeboarder
I had a few babies last year that didn't eat for two months. I tried everything. Scenting with tuna water and rodent bedding, ft pinky, live pinky, brained pink, pinky with ivory soap, and lizards/lizard scent. Finally they all ate pinky boiled for 1 minute then brained and put in cup in bathroom with the shower running on hot to create high humidity. Talk about high matenence. After a few feeding like that, they all started eating regular f/t pinks.

Old 01-27-2009, 12:37 AM   #12
02CETA24
i havent handled it much cause he tends to be an all nighter and rest in his tree during the day time so....i did scent his food with tuna he seemed interested but he quickly turned his head and went bonkers he went around his cage i dont know how many times and pressed his nose on the glass like hes trying to get out

Old 01-27-2009, 12:41 AM   #13
02CETA24
Please do explain what brained means never heard that term before?

Old 01-27-2009, 01:38 AM   #14
Maize411
You could try getting a knife and cutting at the head of the pinkie until it is showing blood..the scent of the pinkie's blood might help get the snake wanting it..best of luck to you...also always wait at least 5 days before trying to feed after a refusal..

Old 01-27-2009, 08:55 AM   #15
Buzzard
Hows the temp in the cage? If it is cold, it might not want to eat. It is there normal time to burmate. Just a thought.
I have an adult snake that wont eat for six to eight weeks starting around January. Don't know how he knows it is winter(temp in cage is constant). Come around Mid Feb. He starts back eating.

Old 01-27-2009, 09:56 AM   #16
Tracee
He has fed for you before, so I really think he might just be preparing to shed. If he doesn't show signs of being 'blue' in the next week, do attempt another method of feeding. I personally would give him a few more days to see if he's blue.

Also, don't waste your money calling Petco - any other questions, ask them here!

Old 02-07-2009, 03:42 PM   #17
02CETA24
Its been four weeks and he still wont eat ive tried everything that everyone has told me and nothing he barely moving today

Old 02-07-2009, 04:15 PM   #18
MyLittleGuyCyrus
What are the temps of your viv? If it isn't warm enought he may be stressed out.

Old 02-07-2009, 05:11 PM   #19
maxcherry
I had a problem like yours when my girl was on pinks, my soloution was to get some adult mice defrost one then open up it's gut and pop out the intestines and rub the pink in it to get lots of stinky scent on then dangle it infront of her so she could get the scent....never thought anything could move that fast....if that tuna thing doesn't work try it, slightly ickey but what have you got to lose. you may also try leaving it in one place to feed (less stress). Not an expert i just go by trial and error and a whole heap of panic (Plus the great folks here)

Old 02-07-2009, 11:33 PM   #20
02CETA24
Well got some bad news bugs didnt make it he hid in his little rock and passed : ( I just found him not too long ago

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google