CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

first online order!!

Old 05-04-2010, 02:03 PM   #11
CrousesCorns
http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldsk...7&prod_id=3918

This is what I use and love it. Bags last for 4-? seals.

Old 05-04-2010, 10:52 PM   #12
4riscorn
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrousesCorns View Post
http://www.reynoldspkg.com/reynoldsk...7&prod_id=3918

This is what I use and love it. Bags last for 4-? seals.

Okay thanks for the link!!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:01 PM   #13
Old_School
Quote:
Originally Posted by cobained View Post
I'm just finishing up a bag of weanlings that have been in the freezer since probably August of last year. They look exactly the same as the day I bought them. I was getting ready to pay a bit extra to buy from a company that vacuum seals their mice, but didn't feel like it was worth it since I haven't had issues with freezer burn or anything. Now pinkies are a different story, and the pinkies I had left from about 6 months ago were starting to get ugly. We also have a newer freezer that's really good about holding the temps, and doesn't get opened a whole lot.
Ditto here... I get all my mice from rodent pro. They do not vacuum seal but even so they keep no problem in the freezer for 6 plus months. Even the pinks i don't worry about,..even though they may start looking ugly to us, the snakes still love em and thrive well on them!

Old 05-09-2010, 12:51 PM   #14
Asbit
My vacuum sealer said that meat that is sealed properly can be kept in the freezer for about 2 yrs. None of my vacuum packed mice have ever been in the house that long, to many hungry mouths to feed!!

Old 05-09-2010, 01:57 PM   #15
wax32
I've got un-vacuum packed mice in my freezer that are almost a year old and look as fresh as the day I got em.

Old 05-09-2010, 06:39 PM   #16
Arpolis
I use Rodent pro and would not go any other way! "....Unless i breed my own..." I went to a local reptile shop and thought the mice would be fresher since they where locally breed and vacuum packaged. Surprisingly I was wrong. Rodent Pro has clean mice that last long and look healthy. "As healthy as mice-sickles can look".

Old 05-09-2010, 06:52 PM   #17
4riscorn
Forgot to tell everyone on this thread...the mice from mice direct came in looking beautiful! They were packaged great and they look so clean. The last ones we got from the pet store were anything but clean..they had food and mice terds in the bags with them! Not with mice direct! I am so happy..but now I have a freezer that has 1200 mice in it and still room for more...so I need more snakes to feed so I can get more mice to fill the freezer....okay so it is just an excuse...but hey it works!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:03 PM   #18
Asbit
Yea I have a designated mousey freezer too!!!

Old 05-09-2010, 10:52 PM   #19
ShenziSixaxis
I was rather disappointed with my online order. I got large PINKIES, small peach fuzzies, normal fuzzies, and fuzzies nearly as big as hoppers. Plus, a few have had open stomachs, and mouse intestines STINK. The ones at my pet store weren't as bad, but they had broken legs/tails and were too expensive. Not sure about the hopper mice, but I can see a little wood chip, and a few of them seem to have been injured BEFORE freezing. :\

Once I use up my frozen mice, it's hand raised for me. I hope you have better luck than me, though.

Old 05-09-2010, 10:53 PM   #20
ShenziSixaxis
OH! And the zip lock hand vacuum pump works GREAT. I've only used it with hot dogs in the fridge (because I get 24 at a time), but so far it has worked better than any other bag.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google