• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Adult male Rosy Boas, Whitewater Albino and het

There's an article about Rosys in the new issue of Reptiles. The author, Ken Foose, has a LTC Whitewater from 1959. Captured as a full-grown adult. He estimates its age as 55-60 and it is still going strong!
I love the idea of an animal that I can share my senior years with, especially one as interesting and low-maintenance as a snake.

Wow, what beautiful Snakes. Remind me of the Sand Boas.. Minus the different Noses LOL

I held my first tonight actually. I LOVE it! lol Never held a Rosy though.

If only they were female :(

Nice looking Rosy's though. The second one could be my Bill Dozer's twin brother.
If you starting a Rosy project keep me in the loop down the road when those babies start piping. :)

I love em! I have been looking at Rosy's and Sand Boa's. I held my first Sand boa the other day..and So very different then corns in feeling. Lol

A long time ago I read some where that Rosy Boas were considered the most docile of all snake species and any bite is extremely unusual. Dont know if this is true but it is a very interesting snake.

We have names already picked out..The Albino is Rei which means friend, but sounds like a "ray" of sun and the Whitewater het Albino is Tikva meaning hope. At least that is what we have for now..once they get here next month, we may change our minds based on their personalities.

Back