• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

$$ how much

lots of people use a Havabator(common chicken incubator) and it would be around50$ (around here atleast)

corn_breeder said:
hey i was wondering how much a snake incubator cost . and also if you could use a chiken incubator. thanks

I have read to NOT use a chicken incubator, I think because they are too hot for corn snake eggs.

Lennycorn said:
I have read to NOT use a chicken incubator, I think because they are too hot for corn snake eggs.

Oops, Let me add, I think Havabator make two types, don't use the one for chickens.

Incubator cost depends on how big and how automated you want it. And how good you are at using tools and scrounging. High end is over US$1000. Low end is somewhere in the US$0-50 range.

Most chicken egg incubators have features that are unnecessary, like egg turners, or unsatisfactory, like thermostats that can't be set low enough for snake eggs.

The simplest, cheapest, styrofoam Hovabators can be satisfactory for snake eggs if there is enough height. I keep snake eggs inside a closed box, and that box would have to go inside the incubator. If the box touched the heat element, there would be toxic fumes and a fire hazard.

I think that a styrofoam shipping box from a fish store would make a decent incubator. It would need a heating pad, a platform for the egg box(es) and a thermostat, of course. One of these days I should break down and knock one together just to see how much it would cost to make and how well it would work.

Back