CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

afraid to feed my baby corn

Old 12-18-2015, 05:48 PM   #1
pretzel66
afraid to feed my baby corn

I just got a baby corn snake last week monday 12/15 while I was still at college (my friend got it for me, I would have waited until I was home), i just got home yesterday and have her all set up now, but I'm afraid she's going to be very stressed from all this moving. I don't know when she was last fed (thanks petsmart). I want to feed her soon, but I know I should wait, does anyone have any suggestions for when I should be safe to feed her w/o regurgitating?

Old 12-18-2015, 08:20 PM   #2
Karl_Mcknight
babies (depending on her size and weight) should eat every 4 to 7 days.

Having said that, a corn snake can live a few months without food, so it will probably do no harm if you wait a few days. Make sure she has fresh water at all times though.

And if you want to go ahead and try to feed now, that would be ok too. If she doesn't want to eat she won't, but if she does she will. Just don't handle her after feeding her until she poops (2 to 4 days usually, babies if kept in ideal conditions will usually poop on the 2nd or 3rd day.) The biggest concerns for regurgitation come from improper temperatures and/or handling too soon after feeding.

Old 01-18-2016, 03:59 PM   #3
Keeboard
People say you should wait, but I fed mine two days after getting her and she is fine.

Old 01-18-2016, 05:40 PM   #4
Karl_Mcknight
I'm sure the snake has eaten by now, that post was made over a month ago. You might notice there are Dates posted along with each.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google