• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

they were cheap to feed......

Ravenessa

until i racked up 30 something corns.... lol

just made an order for almost 400 dollars worth of mice.. sighs..

Swear to God they are like pringle chips... on the other hand I should be good to mid February early march now.. bratty snakes! They are lucky they are cute!

Hmm... I will have to start budgeting :eek: I just got my first a week ago and I'm already scheming for the next one after we move and get settled in :dgrin:

Oh I went from 1 to 30 in a matter of 6 months.. but Ive been wanting corns since I was 15 and now Im almost 40 so I went a tad over board. I am on lock down now, but yes start budgeting.. once everyone are on XL it will be about 60 dollars a month so not too bad.. but then count bedding, equipment (building racks right now) etc.. God it adds up fast... I could have a fancy car for these money.. lol Im an idiot! but they are worth it..

This is why I've been keeping a very specific wishlist and whenever I come back to it I think, "Do I really want X or would Y be better?" and cull the list as needed.

I wasn't that smart.. and there is still more I sorta want.. but yeah Im stopping myself now.. Im done.. at least until I get richer.. My yearly income is increasing.. so.. lol
What is your list?? now im nosey!

Have you considered brumation ? Save you a couple of hundred a year. Great break from feeding even if you have no intention of breeding.
Are they in rack systems?

I wasn't that smart.. and there is still more I sorta want.. but yeah Im stopping myself now.. Im done.. at least until I get richer.. My yearly income is increasing.. so.. lol
What is your list?? now im nosey!

A couple are secret projects and things I want to keep on the down-low! :laugh: But I really really want to work with strawberry and would love to have a nice strawberry anery (one that looks like chocolate and strawberry cream!) and an oppositely sexed strawberry snow to go with it.

Also on the list:
  • red factor stripe tessera (hopefully Don is working on this)
  • red coat landrace lava
  • Abbot's Okeetee
  • Rich Z line lavender

Then there's my project wishlist (what I'm willing to divulge publicly anyway), which will obviously massively increase my numbers:
  • palmetto things (peek at Mystic Exotic's stock if you want to make some guesses ;) )
  • red factor orchid (from eventual Tango x November pairing)
  • strawberry orchid (for comparison)
  • strawberry cinder (cinderberry?)
  • RC or RF lava lavenders (not sure if the latter has been done?)
  • RF strawberry snow (does this actually exist already? like for sure?)
  • RF stripe tessera strawberry snow??? 6 genes, yes I am that insane.
  • and for lulz, strawberry lava anery. I'll call it an icee corn. :roflmao:

Some of these ideas will get culled from the list eventually, but that's where it's at currently! This is also not including about 4-5 secret project ideas. :D

Also brumation is DEFINITELY in my plans if my collection actually grows to any decent size. That'll be a while yet still, though. For now my feeding bill is tiny! I'll try and enjoy that while it lasts lol.

Daddio at this time brumation is out of the question.. They are in my reptile room which is also my bed room and the lizards require year around heat.. no way I can drop it.. and I don't mind.. it's only a couple of hundred and knowing me, I'd screw it up get it too cold and make them sick..

Dragonling looks like you might take a part of my wallet too at some point here damn... that sounds like some amazing projects..

You will have to announce it when you post the pics.. i want a palmetto one day but that will be in 10 years when prices drop. .

For sure. :) I'm so excited about the palmetto stuff, I just wish hets weren't a couple years away still! The first time I saw a palmetto, I just fell in love! It kills me that some people (even Brian Barczyk!) seem convinced all you can do with the morph is just change the eye color or get all red or gray speckles. You never know how some genes are going to interact. There are a bunch of palmetto projects out there that are gonna start hitting their targets really soon. Sure, diffused might have been kind of a bust (at least, it seems difficult to tell if they are diffused or not), but there are tesseras in the making! Stripe and motley! And fun colors too, like butter and salmon snow! :D

I have also been told by breeders (particularly in Europe) with high end projects that even if something hasn't been done, "the hets are out there"...as though there aren't THOUSANDS of morph combos yet to be seen or even dreamt up! Any breeder has the potential to make something unique (even world firsts!) if they think outside the box enough. :)

For sure. :) I'm so excited about the palmetto stuff, I just wish hets weren't a couple years away still! The first time I saw a palmetto, I just fell in love! It kills me that some people (even Brian Barczyk!) seem convinced all you can do with the morph is just change the eye color or get all red or gray speckles. You never know how some genes are going to interact. There are a bunch of palmetto projects out there that are gonna start hitting their targets really soon. Sure, diffused might have been kind of a bust (at least, it seems difficult to tell if they are diffused or not), but there are tesseras in the making! Stripe and motley! And fun colors too, like butter and salmon snow! :D (snipped) )

OOO I want to see those! (palmetto tesseras, stripes, butters, salmons) There is that chance that there will be some interesting reaction between genes.. I think there's a morph called 'Shatter' where the gene combination affected the pattern - I don't remember which genes offhand though.

I would love to see a version where the random coloration blotches in the palmetto are in a solid stripe down the side of the snake and the rest of the body is white, or maybe a solid color..
Or a golden yellow body with random flecks of color all over (autumn colors- falling leaves)

you have me drooling now.. I love the palms.. but yeah so out of my price range at this point and out of space.. it's sad and bad.. :p

OOO I want to see those! (palmetto tesseras, stripes, butters, salmons) There is that chance that there will be some interesting reaction between genes.. I think there's a morph called 'Shatter' where the gene combination affected the pattern - I don't remember which genes offhand though.

I would love to see a version where the random coloration blotches in the palmetto are in a solid stripe down the side of the snake and the rest of the body is white, or maybe a solid color..
Or a golden yellow body with random flecks of color all over (autumn colors- falling leaves)

Shatter is cinder sunkissed. :) I would like to do some things with shatter eventually, though I had something different in mind. But that's a great example! Something might interact with the palmetto pattern just like those two genes.

An autumn colored palmetto would be amazing! I sent a yellow jacket amel to a friend, so perhaps if I keep a spare female palmetto we can make that happen. Ultramel might be a good option too, though I still refuse to work with ultra LOL!

I just realized you're a short jaunt from me! :wavey: Do you breed?

Back