• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bella's first Shed

So somehow in the 5 minutes it's been since I first weighed Bella she decided to shed for the first time!! I'm so proud of her it came off all in one piece I'm so excited!!

1c437a0c946ac229d7e9721b2969d2e9.jpg

af7936503ed5a73b2c4870b08ff0803b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hooray for Bella! Keep in mind that shed skin stretches a lot, so she's probably a bit shorter than that. Still with a shed that long, I wonder if something might be wonky with your scale. Make sure it's on a solid, flat surface and try weighing a few nickels one at a time. They should be 5g each.

I can't believe it it is wrong!! Each nickel weighs 2 grams on this!! So I have no idea now hopefully I can send it back!!

check the instructions that came with the scale. Some of them can be calibrated. Maybe your scale needs to be calibrated. Also, I assume you are weighing the snake while inside a small bowl or tub placed on the scale. Therefore you are weighing both the snake and the container. You should make sure the scale reads 0 (Zero) with the bowl on the pad, and then insert the snake (in case you're not doing it like that).

Yeah I made sure to tare it after putting the bowl on! It can't be calibrated either I'm so bummed! But it says a nickel weighs 2 grams instead of 5 and says Bella weighs 8 grams so I'm guessing she really weighs more like 20g

Back