CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

2 Day litter ASF's

Old 12-13-2010, 05:18 AM   #1
5timestwisted
Question 2 Day litter ASF's

Hey Guys -n- Gals!! Question for the experts and simi experts... one of my ASF girls poped out some pups yesterday and it looks like she poped a few more out today.

-Has anyone ever noticed this b4?

-As i was cleaning bins i may have interupted her giving birth, would this cause her to stop and wait to drop the rest?

Peace!

Old 12-13-2010, 11:39 AM   #2
ratsnakehaven
Quote:
Originally Posted by 5timestwisted View Post
Hey Guys -n- Gals!! Question for the experts and simi experts... one of my ASF girls poped out some pups yesterday and it looks like she poped a few more out today.

-Has anyone ever noticed this b4?

-As i was cleaning bins i may have interupted her giving birth, would this cause her to stop and wait to drop the rest?

Peace!

Never worked with this species, but I'd say there was a good chance of that...

Terry

Old 12-14-2010, 04:57 AM   #3
ShenziSixaxis
Females can stop or make their birth happen later if something upsets or scares them.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:02 AM   #4
5timestwisted
Thanks for the answers. I'm fairly sure thats what happened, the other mom poped today. 13 pinks over two days from the one and 17 out of the other girl this morning.

Old 12-14-2010, 06:13 AM   #5
ShenziSixaxis
Nice. First litters? I couldn't get my ASFs to breed.

Old 12-14-2010, 11:55 AM   #6
5timestwisted
This was the first litter for this girl, and dispite what i have read about ASF's going 3 - 4 months for their first drop she was only 11 weeks old. All my groups have started young. I have a video of this girl on my YouTube page.

I have them set up in the basement resting in a home made set of racks. The basement is unfinished and it being Ontario Canada ( and a 100 year old house ) its chilly down there so i added a oil heater and the temps are sitting at around 70-75.

Old 12-23-2010, 06:07 AM   #7
5timestwisted
2 day litter

Well its cleaning day and i did it again, mom had 3 babies in her tub yesterday and after moving them into a clean one i set up the camera to see what would happen after i turned the lights out for the night. This morning there is 11 babies under her and 14 under her room mate. I'll post the video on my Youtube page if it turns out. Peace Guys -n- Gals!

Old 12-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #8
ShenziSixaxis
Nice.

If you can, start planning your cleanings for 1-2 days before your first girl drops. I've been doing that with my norway rat because she's so protective of her litter and freaks out when they're disturbed and BURIES them in bedding.

Old 12-23-2010, 04:44 PM   #9
5timestwisted
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShenziSixaxis View Post
Nice.

If you can, start planning your cleanings for 1-2 days before your first girl drops. I've been doing that with my norway rat because she's so protective of her litter and freaks out when they're disturbed and BURIES them in bedding.
With 15 breeding groups going its hard to keep up with who's dropping when, but thanks for the advice. Its most likely happened before but i never noticed, and now that i've seen it i always look for it. Peace!

Old 12-23-2010, 04:46 PM   #10
5timestwisted
The night vision video didn't turn out, they were hidden under some news paper, o well it gave me an idea for a future vid though! lol Peace!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google