CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > General Chit-Chat Forum
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

General Chit-Chat Forum Discussion about general topics that are really off topic concerning corn snakes, or just about any old chit at all.

Jim & Pam - A Rosy Progression

Old 05-11-2010, 10:01 PM   #1
HoosierHerper
Smile Jim & Pam - A Rosy Progression

So this is going to be my progression thread for my 1.1 Mexican Rosy Boas, who by the way I have named Jim & Pam. (I'm a big fan of The Office )

I have moved them into a split 10 gallon until they outgrow it. It sounds small but they were in 6qt tubs so they only lost 4sq. inches of floorspace. That and it looks much better sitting on my computer desk Simple little modification...get a piece of plexi cut to size, and get a tube of clear silicone and just put it in place. They seem to be fitting in just fine.

ALSO.......They BOTH took F/T today for the first time. First time they have been offered it actually, so that makes me happy because American Rodent Supply is only 15 minutes from my house, so now I can just buy cheap bags from them and stop paying $1.50 a piece at the local shop.

SPLIT 10 GALLON:

BOTH CHOWING ON F/T:

These last 2 are already in another thread, but since this is going to be their Progression Thread, I'll put them in here too...

Pam:

Jim:

I will try and keep this updated as much as possible...probably weekly actually...

Thanks,
Josh

Old 05-11-2010, 10:32 PM   #2
ZoologyGirl
Love the names! (I love The Office, too)

Old 05-11-2010, 10:53 PM   #3
HoosierHerper
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
Love the names! (I love The Office, too)
Next pair I think will be Dwight and Angela...I am going through the seasons on DVD, and I know she get's engaged to someone, but I don't know if her and Dwight are still together. I my book they are though, because that is the most oddball couple ever.

Old 05-12-2010, 08:37 AM   #4
Carinata
I can't dislike you! Office and ARS fan!

Old 05-12-2010, 08:42 AM   #5
Nanci
Josh, when you look at their undersides, can you see spurs on the male?

Old 05-12-2010, 09:07 AM   #6
HoosierHerper
I'll have to check, why are you thinking they are sexed wrong? I guess they could be, but the guy I got them from is kind of like THE Rosy guy in Indiana....

Let me double check...

Old 05-12-2010, 10:10 AM   #7
Nanci
No, but I have this rosy, Noah the BOA!!!, that I got in Daytona two years ago from Mitch Allen. I bought Noah as a male. Someone told me Mitch probed rosies to sex them, and that that could be inaccurate. People mostly say I should be able to see spurs. In Rosy books, you can see spurs. I've looked at Rosies at shows, and this one guy showed me a male who didn't have any visual spurs, but when he pulled back the scale over the cloaca, there were two small, but not tiny, spurs in there. So I am just trying to figure out if, in a pair as young as yours, you can see anything. Noah is a 2007, and I can't see anything. Even prying in there. And I posted pics of her (?) cloacal area on Fauna, to have that guy Ancient DNA (can't think of his real name) look, and he thought female, too.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:15 AM   #8
ArpeggioAngel
Nice looking snakes!
Had to laugh though - my first thought when I saw the names was that you were a classic rock fan and named them after Jim Morrison (of the Doors) and his girlfriend Pam Courson!

Old 05-12-2010, 10:22 AM   #9
RosieReal
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArpeggioAngel View Post
Nice looking snakes!
Had to laugh though - my first thought when I saw the names was that you were a classic rock fan and named them after Jim Morrison (of the Doors) and his girlfriend Pam Courson!
...I'm glad you said it, because I was thinking the same thing!

But the office is good too. And thoes are some very nice little snakes. I like your DIY tank divider, I've done similar things myself...I've always got a healthy supply of silicone around, I've got enough fishtanks its just prudent.
I look forward to more updates as these guys grow.

Old 05-12-2010, 10:08 PM   #10
HoosierHerper
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Josh, when you look at their undersides, can you see spurs on the male?
After checking, and rechecking I found....no spurs. Went back to Jasons and checked them again...and no spurs! Since he had no males left, he took those 2 females back and I got a 2009 Female Albino Whitewater +$30 off when his Rosys give birth and he gets a male albino ww, or a het male.

So Jim & Pam were more like Jim & Dwight :-(

But like I said, he admitted his mistake and fixed it...

I'll post pics of new, Albino Pam here in a bit...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
boa