CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Want an edit button and other perks? Become a contributing member! Click here.

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > Member Forums > Elemental Exotics
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Elemental Exotics Welcome to Elemental Exotics! Hobby breeders working with Corn snakes, Thai Bamboo ratsnakes, Mandarin ratsnakes, African House snakes, Rosy boas, Rainbow boas and more!

Elemental Exotic's 2017 breeding season.

Old 07-30-2017, 04:05 AM   #91
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
With 3 Tessera out, that Blizzard baby is really irritating me, LOL! I want to know if he's a Tessera or not too! It's like those remaining unpipped eggs but worse because I will probably not know for sure on him until someone breeds him.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tavia View Post
No, I don't have room, especially if I'm going to hold back a number of the possible Super Tesseras from Max's clutch. Would like to though! I've got so many this year that I am going to be hoping buyers keep in touch with me!

Oh, forgot to mention, candled this one and looking girl at the moment.
I understand the space thing, believe me!
Congrats on the babies!

Old 08-04-2017, 05:39 PM   #92
Tavia
The Blizzards shed and have colored up a hair, I'm now 99.9% sure that the second one is a Tessera, pretty clear dorsal stripe and some barely discernible Tessera like pattern on the sides. I'm about 80% sure that the first one is a Tessera, definitely has a striped dorsal but still hard to tell anything about the side pattern or lack thereof.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:08 PM   #93
Tavia
The Vixen x Viper clutch started to hatch yesterday. First pip is a Diffused Tessera, maybe Hypo as well? I think I'm going to have trouble telling if we hit on the Hypo hets with the crazy amount of Masque and the Diffused these are showing!

Have 3 more slit eggs this morning, though only one has stuck it's nose out yet, a Diffused Anery, so we did hit the Anery het. Can't tell if it's a Tessera yet.

The first pip.

The new Anery pip.

The first one out a bit more. Unfortunately 2 eggs failed about 15 days ago but that still leaves 18.

Pairing was Tessera Diffused het Hypo, Anery, poss het Amel, Caramel & Lavender to Diffused, poss het Amel, Anery, Caramel, Hypo & Lavender.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:13 PM   #94
DLena
That's an amazing pairing. I hope you prove out tons of stuff.

Old 08-11-2017, 12:14 PM   #95
Tavia
I'm behind on posting pictures to this site ... Took some good outdoor pictures of the second Blizzard baby, number 5 the other day. Actually had some decent light.

Old 08-12-2017, 10:52 AM   #96
DollysMom
That baby is looking adorable! They sure do pretty up quickly.

Old 08-12-2017, 11:25 AM   #97
DLena
I really like how the scales seem to flow from his eyes. Snakes are truly a work of art. Something for everyone and endless variety.

Old 08-14-2017, 08:05 PM   #98
Tavia
Murphy is back, which is why I've been quiet. A bit more than half of the Viper x Vixen clutch have hatched/pipped/slit and slightly more than half dropped dead at some point in that progression, none of them with anything obviously wrong.
So far we have 4 living hatchlings, 2 Diffused, one I think is a Hypo Diffused and an Anery Diffused Tessera. Several of the DIES were Ghost Diffused, so at least I know we hit the Anery and Hypo hets ...

At least Melanthe, my Brooks king, has been enjoying the feast ...

Old 08-14-2017, 08:11 PM   #99
DLena
I'm so sorry. Could it be something genetic, with the hets/morphs, like what happens with certain BP pairings?

Old 08-14-2017, 08:22 PM   #100
Tavia
Shouldn't be anything linked to their specific hets but I am wondering if it's a genetic issue compounded from inbreeding ... They are the most inbred animals I've worked with, with each other, but not so close as to usually be considered a problem.

I'm considering now whether to try them one more time to each other, see if it's a random thing with other factors, or try pairing Vixen with a different male and see if the issue is hers. Viper has sired several healthy clutches so pretty sure it's either some other factor, the two of them together or a problem with Vixen.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google