CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > New Member Introductions
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

New Member Introductions Getting more and more new members here, so I think we need a forum for them to introduce themselves. You old timers can do the same, if you would like.

She's here!!! Introducing "Ruby" the rescue!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:07 AM   #1
LadyJemima
Talking She's here!!! Introducing "Ruby" the rescue!

My boyfriend and I spent the entire weekend around the state to pick up an Exo Terra viv from Craigslist, then Ruby herself! We also stopped at a few reptile/aquarium stores for supplies since the only pet store locally is PetCo, bleh.

Poor Ruby...she is a 3-year-old reverse Okeetee corn who was not given the best of care by her former owners. She is underweight (loose skin, bit of her spine can be felt), too small for her age, and was left her on the porch for me to pick up. She had been sitting in a small tank with no substrate all week, and when I lifted her hide, she was sitting in a shallow pool of water that she had pooped in. They got rid of her because they got "bored" of having a snake. Needless to say she is now in a GORGEOUS, warm, cozy viv with lots of substrate, hides, and plants! She will be tested at the vet next week for parasites.

Ruby is currently enjoying hiding deep in her mossy cave, but I managed to snap a few photos yesterday. After hiding for a little while in her cork round (which she loooooves), she spent over an hour exploring every inch of her viv. I am in love!!

P.s. I didn't realize how small she would be and purchased some Large accessories that I will be listing for sale here over the next few days. If you live in PA, keep an eye out!

Old 06-19-2017, 08:11 AM   #2
LadyJemima
Mods, can you move this to "Introductions"? Accidentally posted here.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:22 AM   #3
DLena
Ruby is beautiful, lover her nifty saddles, and so lucky you rescued her. Her new home is just perfect.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:23 AM   #4
anthroterra01
I'd wait to sell the accessories- she'll be growing now that she has proper care

Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM   #5
DLena
I second Anthroterra1...If you can afford to keep the stuff, you will use it. Make sure you store it in such a way that it doesn't get damp and mildewed. Well taken care of corns grow at a nice rate. You may be surprised by how quickly your little one "catches up." Be careful and avoid over feeding!

Old 06-19-2017, 11:02 AM   #6
DollysMom
Ruby is so beautiful! I'm so glad you rescued her. She deserves someone like you. Looks like the princess has her castle and her happy ending.

I agree on keeping the larger decor. She's definitely not to old to grow quite a bit with regular feeding and lots of love. Congrats!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google