CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Ruth the Beardie

Old 07-17-2016, 10:32 AM   #11
DollysMom
It appears that there are some beardie forums around if you haven't found an answer to you're question. How's Ruth doing? Please update when you get the chance.

Old 07-17-2016, 11:26 AM   #12
Eavlynn
Ruth is doing well. Still a bit peckish with her food, but she's making progress. She has a new UVB bulb, and has been going outside for natural light. We also do outside bath time. She's been a little lethargic, but I think a lot of that is due to laying slugs and depleting her calcium stores. All of her food gets dusted with phosphorous free calcium and D3 powder to get her back on her feet.

Some outdoor photos. Her colors are starting to come out!

And her outdoor play pen

Old 07-17-2016, 06:23 PM   #13
DollysMom
I'm glad to hear that she's doing so well! She's so pretty. Looks like she is starting to blossom under your care and attention.

Old 07-17-2016, 06:56 PM   #14
Eavlynn
I hope she continues to improve her colors are amazing! She gets more yellow everyday! She picks at her veggie salads, but she's been eating calcium dusted crickets like a fiend! I'm looking for wheelchair ideas currently. Her front legs work well, but her back legs are pretty uncontrollable. I think she'd be more active if I could give her some wheels to scoot around on.

This is a photo I took today of how yellow she's been getting I'm taking her color changes as a good sign.

At first I thought she was opening her mouth because she was hot, so I took her inside for some couch cuddles and she did it again. I think it's her hungry face because she tore into some crickets shortly afterwards.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:29 PM   #15
DollysMom
Hmm, I might try to adapt some kind of children's small wheeled toy. The one wrap or sew on Velcro might be part of that equation as well. Just thinking aloud, here.

I would also let her try to use her hind legs as much as is practical. Hopefully, as she recovers a bit she'll regain some control and strength with practice.

She's beautiful in those last two pictures. She's like a flower that was growing in the dark and now you've got her literally in the light and she's blooming!

Old 07-17-2016, 09:34 PM   #16
DollysMom
OMG, look what I found!

https://www.facebook.com/smallscaler.../1432399212121

Old 07-17-2016, 09:41 PM   #17
Eavlynn
I just came across that earlier today! I think it was from 2010, but I sent them a message to see how they built that one. It looks like the page hasn't been updated in a while but I'm hoping that they respond.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:42 PM   #18
Eavlynn
I kinda want to rig up a small setup to put on her belly to prop her up with wheels, to encourage her to try and use all of her legs, but to take some of the weight off.

Old 07-17-2016, 09:52 PM   #19
DollysMom
Makes sense. From what I just read it will help her mental state a lot, too. I'm learning more about MBD and Beardies every day just because of Ruth. She's one special girl and you are one special Beardie mama!

Old 07-17-2016, 10:29 PM   #20
Eavlynn
I see healthy beardies that climb all over the place and are very active. She has a lot of issues moving, and I'm thinking it could cause depression or something similar. But if I can make it easier for her to get around, I think she'll perk right up. The only thing she voluntarily moves for are crickets, and she struggles a good bit. I'm going to search for some good old fashioned legos, if they still exist in this day and age, and try to make something for her.

Ruth is very special indeed. I'm glad she's in print you as much as she's inspiring me. I'll be sure to keep you updated on her progress, and my hunt for a suitable wheelchair set up. You're support and kind words mean a lot to Ruth and I!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google