CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

The Cultivars (morphs)/Genetics Issues Discussions about genetics issues and/or the various cultivars for cornsnakes commercially available.

What color is Jill?

Old 06-09-2019, 08:05 PM   #1
GitaBooks
What color is Jill?

We have two corn snakes, one I assume is just an amel (Jack) and one I have no idea about (Jill). She was sold to us as a "red sunglo" but from my understanding sunglow's have red eyes. Jill has dark eyes. Maybe the name was just made up to sound good, but that has me curious what she really is.

She looks darker in the one photo but you can see her pattern better. In real life she is brighter, like she is in the photo of her with Jack (during the breeding season). She has darker markings on her back and a white underside with red markings (no black markings).

Thanks in advance (this forum is helping me a lot!)

Old 06-09-2019, 10:19 PM   #2
Shiari
I'd say it's very likely she's a bloodred, but we need a belly picture to be sure.

Old 06-09-2019, 11:39 PM   #3
GitaBooks
Sorry its not the best picture. I looked through all my pictures of her and this was the only one that showed her belly (she's shy).

Thanks so much for the response!

Old 06-10-2019, 09:19 AM   #4
Shiari
Based on that little bit I'd say she's a bloodred which is diffused and often a red affecting gene like red factor or red coat.

Old 06-10-2019, 09:48 AM   #5
GitaBooks
Cool! Thanks so much!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google