CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Corn Snake Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Corn Snake Photo Gallery Show them off! Post photos of your prizes and your favorities for everyone else to see and comment on.

Progression thread: Cleo the Butter Motley

Old 07-28-2017, 05:36 PM   #521
Twolunger
That is one beautiful corn, and a terrific camera close-up shot too. I'll bet that camera costs as much as my whole snake collection.

Old 07-28-2017, 06:26 PM   #522
DLena
Nicely done, Cleo! Such a beautiful girl

Old 07-28-2017, 08:04 PM   #523
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twolunger View Post
That is one beautiful corn, and a terrific camera close-up shot too. I'll bet that camera costs as much as my whole snake collection.
Thank you. I love her dearly. As to the camera it is the 2x optical lens of the iPhone 7 Plus. I take most of my snake pics with the phone because it is most handy and I still don't have a macro lens for my dSLR. Also, I can hold the phone in one hand. (My phone and dSLR cost about the same if I recall)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Nicely done, Cleo! Such a beautiful girl
Thank you. I've said it before, but she is my little girly girl. She seems to know how pretty she is!

Old 07-29-2017, 09:16 AM   #524
Twolunger
Wow, now I can see the advantage of a good iPhone. I saw an advertisement that showed a lens on an iPhone but didn't believe the picture quality would be that good.

Old 08-29-2017, 01:51 PM   #525
DollysMom
Happy 2nd Birthday Cleo!

Cleo turned two yesterday (August 28, 2017)! She was still digesting so the celebration and this post had to wait a day.

I still remember the little six week old noodle I brought home from Tinley in October 2015. Seems like yesterday. She was already a healthy 14 grams. She shed the first night she was home. She's still my champion shedder, producing the most beautiful, complete, pure white sheds. She was a reluctant feeder with me at first, but I simulated the bin she was used to in the breeding facility by feeding in a covered deli cup. Soon she was taking the mouse from the tongs and when we got to hoppers she started vigorously constricting.

She's full of life and personality. She still has the mystery bumps that I discovered last fall, but they seem smaller when they do appear which seems not as often. She will get a check up with the vet in October.

Between our eclipse trip to Tennessee and her 8 day feeding schedule (she's a hungry growing snake and I follow her lead) I haven't had her out much for the last two weeks. She was "miss perpetual motion" today. So these are not the greatest pictures I've ever gotten, but at least I have some to memorialize this milestone.

In her first year she grew to 134 grams. I was looking to double that in her second year and amazingly she weighed 267 just before her feeding 3 days ago.

Feeding her is a hoot. I thaw her mouse in cold water and then warm it in warm water. I can no longer have the mouse out of the water before I put her in her feeding bin. This time even that wasn't enough! I opened the plastic container with the mouse and before I could even pat it dry with a paper towel she was flying out of the feeding bin and getting ready to bob for the mouse! I got it in the tongs just in time and she struck and constricted halfway out of the feeding bin. I just gently lifted her and the mouse back to the bin. I don't think she noticed. Her current feeding schedule is a 15 gram mouse every 8 days.

So there you have a brief picture of life with Cleo at age two. She is amazing and I just love her to pieces!

Old 08-29-2017, 02:22 PM   #526
kdickens
Great pics! I love how dainty she is at meal time! And Happy Birthday!

Old 08-29-2017, 02:41 PM   #527
DLena
Happy Birthday, Cleo! You're growing into a beautifu young lady...with impeccable manners
Lol
(It's good to keep your mom on her toes)

Old 08-29-2017, 02:50 PM   #528
DollysMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdickens View Post
Great pics! I love how dainty she is at meal time! And Happy Birthday!
Quote:
Originally Posted by DLena View Post
Happy Birthday, Cleo! You're growing into a beautifu young lady...with impeccable manners
Lol
(It's good to keep your mom on her toes)
Thank you both. Yep, good snakey manners all around!

Old 08-29-2017, 04:27 PM   #529
Karl_Mcknight
Quote:
Originally Posted by DollysMom View Post
Cleo turned two yesterday ..........

Feeding her is a hoot...........
I opened the plastic container with the mouse and before I could even pat it dry with a paper towel she was flying out of the feeding bin and getting ready to bob for the mouse! I got it in the tongs just in time and she struck and constricted halfway out of the feeding bin. I just gently lifted her and the mouse back to the bin. I don't think she noticed. Her current feeding schedule is a 15 gram mouse every 8 days.

So there you have a brief picture of life with Cleo at age two. She is amazing and I just love her to pieces!
Well Happy birthday Miss Cleo!

And it's too bad you didn't have that feeding on video. Sounds like my kind of movie.

Old 08-29-2017, 04:57 PM   #530
DollysMom
Thanks! I wish I had a video of it, Karl. Rufus would have enjoyed it, too!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google