• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Loopy's Thread

Today was Loopy's most favorite day! Had to weigh him first though. Today he weighs 98g! Almost out of Noodletown and on to the big boy club. This pic was after 1st fuzzy while waiting patiently for his 2nd one!

Attachments

• 98g.jpg
    98g.jpg
    82 KB · Views: 121
Here's our official 'Happy Thanksgiving' photo! Now on to Christmas!

Attachments

• rsz_k&l_nov_23_2016.jpg
    rsz_k&l_nov_23_2016.jpg
    64 KB · Views: 88
Loopy is now a bit over 1½ yrs old and gaining weight. At his last weigh in on Jan 8th he was at 125 g. Although gaining weight he hasn't shed in quite some time. At first I was a bit concerned, but I figure it has to happen at some point, so Loopy and I will just wait! Here's something interesting ... Am I babying this little guy a bit too much? It's cold in the room where he usually eats so tonight I got out the heating pad, warmed it up on low, put a towel over it and his eating bin on top of that. To the touch it was luke warm. And he ate faster tonight. Poor little guy was starving I guess! Here's a couple pics, one semi blurry with a cell phone and the other with my Nikon D3300.

Attachments

• heating_pad__1484702698_63571.jpeg
    heating_pad__1484702698_63571.jpeg
    90.8 KB · Views: 71
  • Jan_2017__1484702763_83186.jpeg
    Jan_2017__1484702763_83186.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72
Loopy is still growing! (but not shedding) After prying him from my flannel shirt (he almost made it down my long sleeve ... I think snakes love long sleeve shirts!) I weighted him in at 142g! He's gaining fast. Haven't measured his length lately ... maybe that will be the next thing. He eats pretty good though. I used the heating pad like I did a few weeks ago to warm up his eating area. But when I put him back after eating he goes to the cool side. Strange. But I suppose he knows what he's doing. These pics were taken today and I confess ... I enhanced his color just a 'bit' because he told me he was too pale and embarrassed to be photographed. I told him not to worry and when he sheds we'll have a nice photo session!

Attachments

• Loopy 2-4-17.jpeg
    Loopy 2-4-17.jpeg
    54.6 KB · Views: 51
  • Loopy(2)  2-4-17.jpeg
    Loopy(2) 2-4-17.jpeg
    47.3 KB · Views: 51
Loopy's looking great, Ken!

Cleo hasn't shed for 120 days now.She's in shed currently and she's gained 40 grams during that time so take that info as you will. She had normally shed every 46 days before that.

Anyway, congrats. He's proving to be a great example of his Soderberg heritage.

As to shirt sleeves, yes, snakes love them. After all they are just one long warm hide. Every one of mine loves the sleeves.

A couple days ago I got Loopy out for his meal and boy was I surprised! I had never seen him so ugly ... ever! The grayest shade of yuck. Anyway ... I wish I'd taken a pic but put him back in his viv without feeding him. I told myself there's no way he can't shed soon. So this morning .... yea! Finally. The last known shed that I'm aware of was Aug 25. I know, impossible. But I've been waiting and waiting. So I know he feels better! (I know I do!) Tonight, or maybe tomorrow, I'll feed him.

Attachments

• loopy March 2.jpg
    loopy March 2.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 84
  • loopy skin March 2.jpg
    loopy skin March 2.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 85
  • loopy3 march 2.jpg
    loopy3 march 2.jpg
    42.5 KB · Views: 85
Wow, he looks great!

Don't feel bad, Cleo went about 120 days between her last two sheds. She had been shedding every 45 days or so. I was so glad when she finallly did a few weeks ago.

Yesterday, I went to get Mandy out and she was deep in blue so I put her back right away. I like you I should have got a picture, but I don't have the heart to bother her. She's on her normal 90 to 100 day schedule though. ''Tis the season Ken!

Back to your beautiful, stunning boy-- he's beyond beautiful. You are doing a great job with him!

Love the eye cap on Loopy's shed. He did such a perfect job. I hope that he gets an extra delicious mouse for all that hard work. He's so handsome.

Today I got Loopy out for a quick bite ... no, we didn't go to McDonald's but that's an idea for another day. He did eat though and I believe he's about ready to move up in food size ... he weighed in today at 153g! I wanted to measure him too but couldn't find my ruler ... oh well, another day I suppose. I'm holding out for one or two more feedings since I've got a few of that food size left! And Loopy doesn't really care as long as he gets something! I took these prior to chow!

Attachments

• Loopy (2) 3:23:17.jpeg
    Loopy (2) 3:23:17.jpeg
    31.3 KB · Views: 63
  • Loopy 3:23:17.jpeg
    Loopy 3:23:17.jpeg
    34.9 KB · Views: 62
Have you tried to place him under a "Black Light?" I bet he'd glow.

Whoa...... this brings back bad acid trip memories from the 70's

Well, today Loopy 'upgraded' to what they call a 'small mouse' ... so he's into the big boy food now! I weighed him just before chow time and he's now 163 g.
After eating there was a definite 'bulge' in his tummy, something I don't think I'd ever seen before. So I guess he's happy!

Attachments

• Loopy April 20, 2017.jpg
    Loopy April 20, 2017.jpg
    63.7 KB · Views: 37
  • Loopy Apr 20, 2017.jpg
    Loopy Apr 20, 2017.jpg
    56 KB · Views: 38
Back