CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Have you been bitten by a CORN?
Yes, more than once. 108 36.99%
Yes, only once 34 11.64%
Nope, not yet 150 51.37%
Voters: 292. You may not vote on this poll

Bitten?

Old 08-19-2005, 11:55 PM   #91
MegF.
Here's a picture of my arm that Coatl decided to snack on last night....

Old 08-20-2005, 05:36 AM   #92
DAND
At least it wasn't your GTP.

Old 08-20-2005, 10:59 AM   #93
MegF.
True! But she hasn't even offered to bite....go figure!

Old 08-26-2005, 03:17 AM   #94
bull420
i used to have a snow corn that was really docile as a hatchling but when he got bigger he would try to bite me every chanch he got untill he got to be about 2 foot long i never did figger out why the only other time i was bit was by a wiled chickken snake i guss that is what i get for trying to catch it out of a thorn tree.neather of the snakes hurt much you want to get bet by somthing that hurts get bit by a tokay gecko thay are the reptile verson of a pit bull.

Old 08-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #95
Azruial
Those geckos sound cool, I'd love to see one.... from a distance lol
* google searches "Tokay Gecko" http://www.hoglezoo.org/animals/view.php?id=204 *

Old 08-26-2005, 12:12 PM   #96
corndog
I'm laughing reading the bitten stories. I had a male Corn that you could not GET to bite you. Half the time he wouldn't even bite the f/t. I'd have to bop him with it a few times and then often he would constrict before latching on. I swear this snake would have been dead in the wild :P

My female is another story. She's been handled to death, and used to go to kid's schools for presentations, so she would never bite on purpose. However she is a complete chow hound (she'd eat a cotton ball if it landed in her tank), and has a stupid mother :P She had pooped right in front of the entrance to her hide box. She was also in her hide box. Stupid me took a kleenex to scoop the poop. I remember at the exact same moment my brain kicked in and told me this wasn't a good idea.... WHAM, snake on finger. She let go almost immediately when she realized it was me. I swear I heard her mutter "idiot" as she went back in her hide box.

The speed of these guys never ceases to amaze me!

Kathy

Old 08-26-2005, 07:45 PM   #97
ruby's dad
ruby bit me once when i first got her, but she could not get through the skin on my hand, sometimes now she looks like she may strike but if i just ignore her body language and get straight in there she is okay, obviously at feeding time she is very active and looks like she may bite but never does, maybe she is wise and doesn't want to bite the hand that feeds her..lol

Old 08-29-2005, 07:26 PM   #98
ashleynicole
i thought that this was the exact reason why you don't feed them in their home.. so they don't bite you. I put mine in a separate container and i don't touch the pinky, i don't wan them referring my hand with feeding. so i put the pinky in his feeding container and then i wash my hands really good. Then i pick up the snake and put him in there and put the lid on and watch him eat. When hes done i put him back in his home... never been bitten yet!

Old 08-29-2005, 07:36 PM   #99
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by ashleynicole
i thought that this was the exact reason why you don't feed them in their home.. so they don't bite you. I put mine in a separate container and i don't touch the pinky, i don't wan them referring my hand with feeding. so i put the pinky in his feeding container and then i wash my hands really good. Then i pick up the snake and put him in there and put the lid on and watch him eat. When hes done i put him back in his home... never been bitten yet!
I feed mine exactly the same way. I never introduce food to a snake in its feeding container. I always introduce the snake to the mouse in the container. I've never been bitten using this method, and I've done it thousands of times. I like how you emphasize the hand washing part in between; I think it's critical too.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google