CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

Hognose arrived!

Old 07-21-2016, 09:47 AM   #11
Eavlynn
Totally normal. My little hoggie curls up in the cool side corner behind some fake leaves all the time. It's her preferred sleeping and digesting spot.

You can try feeding whenever you feel comfortable. At 90g he should probably eat every 5 to 7 days. They have really quick metabolisms in comparison to other species. Hopefully your little dude takes frozen thaw. My little 24g worm demands live sacrifices haha.

Old 07-21-2016, 10:30 AM   #12
DollysMom
So cute. So curious and full of personality! Congrats.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:27 AM   #13
Magdalen
Breeder said he takes F/T. So here's hoping Last time I tried F/T with my sand boa I ended up, I think, cooking it... a little... either way it smelt funny.

This morning I found him out in the open. He looked at me like, "Yeah this is what I do." and just hung out. Got a quick measurement of about 18 inches. I did it from the other side of the glass. I'm going to see how he's doing in a few days in regards to food.

Old 07-21-2016, 11:39 AM   #14
Eavlynn
When I thaw things, I put them in plastic containers, or plastic bags, depending on their size, and float them in hot water until warm.

It sounds like your little guy has quite the personality! He sounds like a real doll.

Old 07-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #15
Magdalen
Thank Eavlynn I'll give that a try.

So far he seems to be That's what I liked about the hognose I saw at the pet store. S/He was the few to be out and about and cruising around and gave me a look. Not I'm hungry going to eat you look, but something else. Curious I guess is the best way I can describe it. That's what attracted me to them. End up with a hognose instead of a corn.

Old 07-21-2016, 03:04 PM   #16
Eavlynn
Hoggies are diurnal, so they're far more active during the day than other species. Even my corns prefer to hide during the day and usually only come out at night. I look forward to future posts and pics of your little guy!

Old 07-21-2016, 04:27 PM   #17
Magdalen
Sooooo his maybe name right now is Apollo. There's this big red horse that I know named Apollo, who's sweet and kind of a doofus. I think it works for this guy unless I figure out something better.

Old 07-21-2016, 05:05 PM   #18
reptilelover
He looks so cute!! Congrats and enjoy

Old 07-21-2016, 07:04 PM   #19
Tavia
I like the name!

Old 07-22-2016, 11:44 PM   #20
Magdalen
Yeah I am going to try offering food tomorrow morning, since I don't have to feed the horses in the morning. (yay, get to sleep in) I'll probably just plop it in there and leave him alone.

I'm unsure how he's going to react to me being around during the day. Today when I got home he was out, gave me the stare down and then buried himself again. So he's tucked in for the night.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google