CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > All "Others" Photo Gallery
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

All "Others" Photo Gallery It was suggested to me that a photo gallery for the other critters and interests might be useful to the membership. So here you go, Walt. :)

I couldn't help myself!!!!!

Old 07-29-2016, 03:16 PM   #11
Nanci
I can imagine. That's awful that they were euthed and not placed in an educational facility or zoo or something.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:17 PM   #12
Zombiegirl
How sad that they euthanized them

Old 07-29-2016, 03:40 PM   #13
HerpsOfNM
It sucks, but if you're up for the read, research I believe Ryan Hoyer + Utah + rubber boa confiscation. It was a gigantic Charlie foxtrot on Utah DWR for what they did.

Old 07-29-2016, 03:47 PM   #14
Zombiegirl
That is awful.....I have one rubber boa and she was one of my "holy grail" snakes...granted she was CBB but still...how devastating

Old 07-29-2016, 03:49 PM   #15
HerpsOfNM
I honestly don't have the words the express how mad, frustrated, annoyed, sad, and flat out infuriated I was when first reading about that and still am now thinking of it. I, and many others, watched it unfold over on fieldherpforum.com. Ryan, and his father Richard, are/were regulars there. The community was floored. Richard spent most of his life doing research on the boas, IIRC in both Oregon and Utah.

Had those been dogs or cats, fecal matter would have hit the fan.

Old 07-29-2016, 05:21 PM   #16
Joba
Congrats on getting that beautiful boa!

Old 07-29-2016, 05:43 PM   #17
Zombiegirl
Joba: Thanks!!! I am so excited to see him It'll be a bit but I'm glad she's going to hold on to him for me where he will be safe...it's been hot as hell here the past few days so don't want to risk shipping him in this weather, and also want to make sure I can get him the best set up

Old 07-29-2016, 07:50 PM   #18
axis1
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
Wow- really? Where do you live that a boa isn't legal???
Many people don't know this, but any of the boid family (guess that means all boas!), all iguanas and pythons, amongst other reptiles, are illegal to own in NY State! Many folks who get caught claim that they didn't know there WAS such a law, but as the saying goes, "Ignorance of the law is no excuse for breaking it!"

While I disagree that owning any of these animals should illegal, mainly because I am a staunch libertarian who places a high value on personal responsibility and individual liberties, much reflection has resulted in a reassessment at the very least, in my beliefs, if ONLY due to the extent of ignorance many people who own such exotic pets possess which, in turn, causes a great deal of suffering in many of the animals on this list. People need to have a license to drive a car, but NOT one to have a child or take care of a python or boa. After having seen the results of MANY abused, neglected, & mistreated kids and some (enough) of the reptiles mentioned that are euthanized because of being abandoned, ya have to WONDER if the need for these laws actually exist.

It's a controversial topic but also an important one!

Old 07-30-2016, 11:56 AM   #19
DollysMom
Congrats Zombiegirl! That's so awesome and something to really look forward to. The snake itself is stunning and would be incredibly easy to fall in love with. I am totally happy for you. There is nothing like loving an animal to lift one's spirits.

Old 07-30-2016, 01:01 PM   #20
Zombiegirl
Thanks DollysMom! The whole litter is gorgeous but something about his face stuck out to me

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google