• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Bitten?

Have you been bitten by a CORN?

• Total voters
Never been bit by a cornsnake. But ask again in a week and I'm sure I will have a different answer. I just got a male Amel Motley who seems to be a bit tempermental. As far as being bit by other snakes though... I've had quite a few that wanted me dead and gave it their best effort. Unfortunately for them, they were all non-venomous and their efforts went to waste. My 6+ foot BCI is constantly trying to kill me. She is the only one who am a little worried about being bit by.

Been bitten twice within a few seconds by the same snake. Its not sore but little pin prick.

lefty_mussolini said:
Never been bit by a cornsnake. But ask again in a week and I'm sure I will have a different answer. I just got a male Amel Motley who seems to be a bit tempermental.
Well it took ten days, and it was a snow rather than my agro amel motley. But I finally got a little love bite from a corn. An adult at that! :cheers:

Never been bit by any snake, and I used to catch em in my back yard when I was little, and play with them and then let them go, then go find another one, bring it in the house, scare my mom, or whoever was there at the time... Dominoe is very tame always just slithers on to my hand when I put it up to him under his neck, then wraps his tail around my finger to support himself. I can run my finger accross the glass and he will move his head and follow my finger. But I did vote for "Nope, Not yet" and YET being the key word.. havent fed him yet, so we will see..

Never

Never been bit by any of my cornsnakes...but my rosey boas YES....they draw blood everytime!!!!

If you ever breed corns it will come with the territory. There are always two or three hatchlings that are psycho. But with them you don't even know they "bit" you unless you witness it.

And I was bitten once by my snow. My fault though. Tried to remove him out of his cage after I had handled a mouse...my white hand with mouse smell was all he needed. He quickly let go after he realized that I wasn't a mouse. It drew blood but didn't hurt.

I've been bitten twice, but the second time was by a king snake and not a corn.... the first time I got bitten was with my very first snake... I was in 2nd grade and I was holding my snake, one hand close to the head and the other near the tail. I was rocking him back and forth, hoping that I could rock him to sleep. My dad was in there with me and he was just about to tell me to quit doing that when the snake jerked loose of my grip and bit me on the arm.... It didnt really hurt, it just took me by surprise... I dropped the snake really fast... lol... he was a wild caught snake... all of mine have been...

Ayuh - couple times...

by critters <1yr old:

Once on the finger, during feeding time, when he swarmed out of his box and I tried to move him BEFORE his mouth was full ;)

Once on the eyebrow [gently], after she drifted out of my hair onto my face when I wasn't paying attention. Hmmm handy tip: eyebrows sort of look like mice when you're a snake!

Both were no big deal - just tiny pin-pricks, which I let bleed out, then disinfected. I don't think I'd like being bitten by my two adult snakes though! :eek:

a couple of times by adults when I wasn't paying attention during feeding time and it was completely my own fault....and very regularly by my killer corn who has so far not tamed at all and has drawn blood almost weekly since the day she hatched (over two years ago)

I just got an Anery Motley adult breeder pair who I know are going to give me my first bite by a corn. I think the male will. Taking him out of the viv is interesting. I grab hold of him and he is in constant boogie mode! He wants to just take off!!! I must say he has made me a bit anxious. :)
I have been bitten by a rosie boa hatchling no biggie, and kinda bitten by a cal king. I had to ask the snake if he was biting my finger.

In 13 years of corn ownership, never been tagged once. :)

A couple have had a go but none of them have ever landed.

Yeah that mean little cuss just tagged my very experienced buddy three times. He musked, bit, and tried to split. Since he is a beautiful anery motley I must acquit.

Been bitten

I have an okeetee that has has alot of fun biting me. He's not mean, just had a very active feeding response. My friend laughs at me for it. I still love him. At least Cornsnakes don't slash bite like ball pythons. Never try to pry a ball python from the inside of an electric stove. We BOTH got shocked and he took it out on me. Oh well. Ended up with a set of slash marks over the top of my hand. Right now, I have this little baby ghost corn, the ONLY baby out of 38 that have an attitude. She flattens her head so its a nice fat triangle and rattles her tail. Doing her best rattlesnake impersonation. I almost sold it but the person seemed uncertain about her behavior. I told them that she'd settle down. But if she was unsure, then I had no problem finding a different one. The corn rather entertaining to watch. I've also been bit by garter snakes. Ratsnakes, almost no pain and bleed like hell. Garter snakes, hurt like hell, swell up and so they don't bleed. Something about the toxins and stuff in their saliva. Give me a cornsnake bite anyday.

Pictures of snake bite

Our okeetee bit my son on our last feeding day. When he took him out of his aquarium he just latched on and then coiled around his whole hand. He had to pry him off before he could get to his mouth to get him to let go. It was pretty funny. He immediately went for the camera. He was very proud of his wounds! It must be a guy thing.

Attachments

• teeth marks.jpg
    teeth marks.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 86
  • bite.jpg
    bite.jpg
    33 KB · Views: 86
I got tagged by one of our new adult corns last night. I'd had her out during the day with no problems. But later, when we had friends over and I went to take her out, she nailed my hand pretty good. I think I surprised her. Her old name was Cleo, but I think I'm going to call her Demona. LOL

Back