CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

View Poll Results: Is it ok to house 2 corns together?
Only if they arent both males 11 5.88%
Yes! never had a problem 41 21.93%
No! I've had problems 86 45.99%
Depends on the "personality" of the snakes 49 26.20%
Voters: 187. You may not vote on this poll

Is it ok to house two snakes together?

Old 08-26-2007, 07:17 PM   #81
maegann
how many times do we really have to go over this? u can search for other threads

Old 09-07-2007, 05:13 PM   #82
jazzgeek
Maegann -

Any thread with a poll will automatically be "bumped" when someone votes in the poll, even if they don't make a post. That's why you've seen it reappear.

I wish Rich could get a web monkey on this to allieviate the situation.

regards,
jazz

Old 09-08-2007, 03:15 AM   #83
Msterry
And that explains why i end up in these old threads...geezz

Old 10-10-2007, 03:19 PM   #84
miss_d_meanor
Omg!!!!

right now after this iamfreaking out, ibought a baby on sunday they rekin she is about 5 months old i use the term losely as it has not been confirmed as she is to young yet, i bought another today as i could not resist as it was so beautiful. the problemis i was assured by both stores it was safe to house them together providing they ae both of around the same age.so now i have a 5 month anda 6 month in the same "yearling box" when i put the new one in eve was biting at it even tho it was a little larger but after 5minutes they calmed down, now they aeat oposite sides of the habitat.
the other half does not know theres another lil bundle of joy in the house as yet and is going to go nuts,
should i seperate then as soon as i can i dont want tocauseeitherof them
stress

Old 10-10-2007, 04:19 PM   #85
Lore
Quote:
Originally Posted by miss_d_meanor
" when i put the new one in eve was biting at it even tho it was a little larger but after 5minutes they calmed down, now they aeat oposite sides of the habitat.
the other half does not know theres another lil bundle of joy in the house as yet and is going to go nuts,
should i seperate then as soon as i can i dont want tocauseeitherof them
stress

Old 10-10-2007, 04:31 PM   #86
miss_d_meanor
dumb

yeah i know, i have been textin my eldest asking her to go get a starter kit and she can have eve as the younges daughter wnt part with the newbie as she picked itherself! the youngests comment was can we keep them both till wefind out if they are both male, ive told her it would be cruel and i dont want t cause stress. so i think eve will be ging on holiday tomoro to my eldest
daughter//learn by mistake as quick as pos is the eldest has just phoned and said she will take eve tomorrow crisis over and after tommorowevening 2 happy snakes and i cam enjoy both

Old 10-10-2007, 04:39 PM   #87
starsevol
Good plan! Then they will both be still in the family.
I guess you have "stupid pet shop employees" over there too!

Old 10-23-2007, 07:38 PM   #88
MO, CORNFED
Are u serious???????????

I may be new to this site, but I believe this one has been covered about thirty times already. sorry but the whole point of the new comers section of the forum, where I've also gotten good advice is so that you don't have to embarrass yourself by asking the same FAQ's over and over again

Old 11-21-2007, 09:20 PM   #89
roy_334
Talking

as a foil for all of those "oh no, the snakes are eating each other" posts here's a couple of pix of my happily cohabiting 'cannibal killers'

shocking! i even feed them together:

cute aren't they

Old 11-21-2007, 09:47 PM   #90
Jace
Yes granted the pic is cute, but they are competing for the same space. Whether a hide or heat or for security, they are competing and not snuggling. I would give each their own and let them have all the full benefits of the viv instead of having to share.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google