CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Behavior
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Behavior General topics or questions concerning the way your cornsnake may be acting.

Whats the funniest thing your corn snake has ever done?

Old 08-11-2006, 12:40 AM   #21
caressa
oops wrong thread haha

Old 08-12-2006, 02:15 PM   #22
Mina
This was funny to me since I'm a newbie, but I'm sure you have all had this happen quite often.
My new baby cornsnake, Toby, who we have had for about 5 weeks now, is almost 2 months old, and rarely stops moving when my husband and I hold him. When he does, it is only for a few seconds, and always when I am holding him. Well last time we were working with him, he stopped moving in my husbands hands, and he started saying "oh, look!! He is getting comfortable with me, he relaxed!! Isn't that cute!! Isn't he sweet, he is so.....HE POOPED ON ME!!!!!!!!" I laughed myself silly!!! I know they do it, but it was our first time being pooped on.

Old 08-12-2006, 02:27 PM   #23
sfaoldguy
Quote:
Originally Posted by Serpwidgets
One time a few years ago I tried to breed Seven to Floyd. He got on top of her and started the old mating dance, and in typical fashion she bucked really hard. So hard, in fact, that he was knocked completely off of her and his head landed on his own back near his vent.

He picked up right where he left off: dancing his chin/neck on his own back. He was caught in a feedback loop and was getting unbelievably excited at all the stimulation coming from all directions. He was twitching like crazy, every time he would start "catching up" with himself (getting his chin farther up his back) he'd also start "getting away" and bolt ahead, which of course was fruitless.

Twitch twitch! Slide sliiiide, caress caress! Twitch twi-BOLT! GO GO GO stop! Twitch twitch! Ooh, she's excited now I can tell! Sliiiiide twitch sliiiiide, twitch twitch, BOLT! GO GO GO Stop! Twitch twitch! Oh yeah, baby!

It took a few minutes for him to figure out what was going on. I think if I had laughed any harder I would have had a seizure.
I gotta second the . That's hilarious.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:12 PM   #24
ecreipeoj
You might not think this is funny, but it was to me. Sometimes female Corn can get very aggressive when it comes to feeding when they are gravid. I typically pull down a couple of tubs at a time and set them on a small table in front of me. I am sitting on a bucket with a lid and straddling the two cages. The mice are on one side and a tub and water jug on the other.

I usually use fresh killed mice at this time of year, and 18 inch tongs. I pre-killed my mouse, and held it by the rear half of its body and was ready. I opened the lid and the female struck but missed the mouse and landed half way out of the cage. I thought no problem, I just moved the dangling mouse over near the females head, but she struck while it was still moving and missed again, and nailed the side of my calve. She instantly curled around her nice sized catch and I now had a Corn Snake calve bracelet.

Getting bit is never fun, but it has happened enough to me, that I can ignore it and it really doesn’t bother me too much. I only wish I had my camera in that room. It was sitting on my desk in the another room. I waited and waited for her to let go, but she was really squeezing tight and bound and determined to kill this gianormous mouse she had caught. I ended up having to squeeze her beside her jaws pretty hard to get her off. I dropped her in her cage and dangled the mouse in front of her and pow, she nailed it like nothing had happened.

Old 08-12-2006, 07:15 PM   #25
diamondlil
Joe I wish you'd got pictures of that!

Old 08-12-2006, 11:02 PM   #26
ghosthousecorns
It always makes me laugh when I get a feisty hatchling. My new ghost stripes are pretty amusing. I was changing the water bowl and one of them started following my hand around the tank and striking at me repeatedly. Vicious little one
Not so funny and more painful, my female hypo Medusa decided to try and hide in my hair and I was wearing a barrette. Somehow she got all tangled up and was pulling my hair so hard. I was afraid I would hurt her if I undid the hair clip so I had to wait. She finally got out of my hair (literally lol) but I lost some hair because of the tangle she created. Oh well- I did name her Medusa so maybe she wanted to live up to the name?

Old 08-14-2006, 08:33 PM   #27
Magicwhisper
I have 2 funny stories... The first one happened when I fed Juliet, (my .1 snow) a pink.. It was left over from my others and I just figured, give it to her... so neway, i put it in her tank and she went searching for it, after a little bit, she found it, then she looked at it... then she looked at me... then she looked at it again.... and looked at me again.... this happened for about 30 seconds, it was like she was asking me "ummm..Mom, ummm... you're kidding me right? This is IT?? There's more RIGHT???" I was hysterical!! She finally ate it and looked up at me when she was done, like "more please..." SO Fuunnnnnyyy!!

The second thing is, I like to give my adult snakes some free time in the bathtub, well, they love to climb all over the place, like the rim of the tub...well, they are sooo slippery from being wet that they slide right off the lip!!! HAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!

Old 08-15-2006, 07:57 AM   #28
ChristinaM
Mine haven't really done anything "funny", although the hatchlings are similiar to Joe's story.

I've had several hatchlings do the good ol' "try to eat your finger" routine. The best one was one of my keepers from last year. I had been getting her out of the tub after she hatched, she was fine... calm... then it was like something clicked in her brain and she said " A HA, LOOK FOOD"..... grabbed ahold of my index finger and started working her way down. ( my index finger would be wider than a wee pink mouse). So I opened my hand up and she immediately constricted my finger, as she was attempting to eat it. She would get to the first joint, back up a few bites and try again. Whole thing went on for about 15mins, before she said screw it and finally released my finger

It was funny to watch. The ferocious ( sp ) wee baby corn, thin as a pencil, trying to engulf my finger.

Old 08-15-2006, 02:25 PM   #29
Harleybabe
I was feeding my amel stripe last week a pinkie. She grabbed it and constricted it. I accidentally dropped a second pinkie right next to him...so she grabbed the second one with her mouth while still having the first being constricted....before she grabbed the second one...she kept looking at the one she constricted and the second one for a few seconds. I thought it was funny. She was like, "hmmmm....which one should I eat first?"

My other amel, "Gryffindor", likes to look at my crested gecko which is next to it's tank. My crested gecko appears to be just as amused looking at the snake. They'll stare at each other for minutes. My crested, "Freddie" will strike at anything that moves, but she kept following "Gryffindor" wherever he will go.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:34 AM   #30
cassandra
This thread should come with a warning, "Tissue required to wipe eyes from laughing so hard!"

Awesome stories, guys! Keep'em coming! =D

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google