• Hello!

Either you have not registered on this site yet, or you are registered but have not logged in. In either case, you will not be able to use the full functionality of this site until you have registered, and then logged in after your registration has been approved.

Registration is FREE, so please register so you can participate instead of remaining a lurker....

Please be certain that the location field is correctly filled out when you register. All registrations that appear to be bogus will be rejected. Which means that if your location field does NOT match the actual location of your registration IP address, then your registration will be rejected.

Sorry about the strictness of this requirement, but it is necessary to block spammers and scammers at the door as much as possible.

Exciting News!!

Nanci

Alien Lover
News item #1: A Super Secret Snake will be departing Colorado tomorrow, enroute for Florida! No, it's not that VMS amber stripe that I covet...

News item #2: I am solidifying plans with Stef of Triple Moons Design to begin design of the SnickerSnakes official website! Yes, I can and have designed websites in the past. But I want my SnickerSnakes site to be professional and easy to update, and I feel the platform Stef offers will be very nice to work with.

New item #3: I have purchased an incubator!!

Wow, that IS exciting news, Nanci! Can't wait to see the photos of the SSS and your new website!!!!

The new snake will be named Azaria. Can anyone figure her out with just that information, and knowledge of my existing snakes?? Anyone besides Eric and Katie, that is!!

Just made the deposit on my webpage design!! I'm excited!!

Yay, congratulations! I wish I had a SSS coming my way, but alas, I do not. And hmm... Azaria. A Hebrew name, yes? That's about all I know... I'll just have to wait, I guess! :}

Great news! I also long for that VMS amber stripe! Looking forward to seeing your new site.

Well, Azaria is on the plane! No, she is not named after Hank Azaria. She is named after a real person.

Congrats on all the exciting stuff Nanci!

I think I might know what/who Azaria is, would it have anything to do with Adlai? ;)

Hmm, I wonder what your domain name could be?

Azaria is here! She's named after Azaria Chamberlain, the baby. As in "The Dingo took my baby!" She's the future bride of The Dingo. Sister of Adlai. In accordance with my new new snake policy, she got probed the minute she got out of her shipping container! Yup, she's a girl. Yay!

She is just a sweetheart, too. Her "group" is due to feed Friday. I'll probably let her go till Wednesday, unless she's out and about a lot.

I don't know what the temps were in Colorado when John sent her. I was afraid to look! When she arrived, she had her heat pack taped to the styrofoam. 125F. A non-frozen ice pack registered 85F. John likes to use those as heat sinks, to hold heat (or cold). She was separated from all that my crumpled newspaper. She was moving and tongue-flicking when I opened her up at FedEx.

It is warm enough here that I felt safe taking her out for a mini-photo shoot. Plus she's so mellow and relaxed.

Attachments

• Azaria Arrives 002cr.jpg
    Azaria Arrives 002cr.jpg
    260.8 KB · Views: 72
Here's the incubator. It's nice, but even smaller than I expected...I'll be lucky to get one clutch in it. Oh well...

Attachments

• Incubator 001.jpg
    Incubator 001.jpg
    235.2 KB · Views: 59
Oh boy...I just ordered enough bins for two more 5-slot AP 66 qt racks!! I'm waiting till the bins get here to place my order with AP, but I am virtually certain that they are still the correct bins with no latches.

NO MORE SNAKES!!! How many babies do I have? Seven. Two empty slots right now, plus Zee could easily downsize to a ten gallon. So even counting the SSS baby from KJ expected this summer, and a SSSS from Carol, expected this summer, and keeping a couple baby Peppers/Rubies- I should be okay. My house is ridiculous, though. Every wall is solid snakes, except for the sofa. And where are the hatchling racks going to go? Kitchen table, that's my plan...

The website is making amazing progress! Stef is _wonderful_ to work with!!! I love her designs. You guys are going to _die_ when you see it!!!

The incubator is set at 80F, and ranging from 77 to 81. I may have seen 82 once. I think that is a good range. Any opinions?

Back