CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Breeding/Egg Production & Care
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Breeding/Egg Production & Care Any topics concerning breeding of the cornsnake, brumation, egg laying, or issues concerning problems in any step along the way.

Heat sources for hatchlings

Old 08-13-2019, 05:49 PM   #1
J.Catherine
Heat sources for hatchlings

Eggs are starting to pique, so I'll get a move on and get down to B&Q to buy some lil rubs soon. All familiar with hides and feeding techniques and times and things, but the one thing that the internet and forums seem to be a bit muddled on is whether or not you need to put a heat mat or cable under the little rubs for them.

Obviously, not the most keen on that as it would cost me an extra £50 or so for mats/cables and stats, but if it's essential then I will do that.

What's everyone's experience with providing heat for multiple hatchlings?

Old 08-14-2019, 04:55 AM   #2
Seriva Senkalora
The answer is a clear "it depends on...".

Living in germany (with normally not so hot summers, you know what I mean ), I keep mine in a small rack. In my room I've normally a temperature of 25/26°C. So I use a heat cabel conteolled by a thermostate, which gives them 28°C on the warm side - dropping to 25°C on the cooler side.

With higher room temperatures it might be unnecessary to install heating. And to be honest: I've made no bad experiences with slightly lower temperatures at around 24/25°C but really bad ones with too high temperatures over 30°C...

Best wishes,
Seriva

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google