CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 01-16-2012, 12:57 PM   #61
visceralrepulsion
Forgot a question- does anyone know how long mice keep in the freezer? I've heard a year, and I'm about to throw away a TON of unused mice =\.

Old 01-16-2012, 01:40 PM   #62
Alaya
Are they vacuum sealed? If they are sealed, and still look good, I would call them good. If you thaw them and they seem a bit off, then ditch them.

Old 01-17-2012, 09:53 AM   #63
visceralrepulsion
nah theyre not vaccuum seeled. They're in a zip-lock style bag. I recall this question coming up in the forum before, I only remember I think that the consensus was a year. Honestly, I need to get some larger mice for Lars anyways. So not a huge deal. I bought large mice, thinking they'd be sufficient, and they aren't. He's currently getting a large mouse and a hopper from Var's outgrown stash. She'll be off weanlings soon too, so I have to order mice either way. But it always sucks to throw out mice if I myself or someone could use them, ya know.

Old 01-18-2012, 02:24 PM   #64
wowfood
I buy mine from a local store near here, the same pet store I got Snake from, not sure who their supplier is, generally they get the mice in sandwich boxes, you just go look through the freezer and grab the ones you want. It's something like 40p per pinkie, 60 for a fuzzy although I can't remember exactly.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats