CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

buying frozen ones vs breeding my own

Old 03-23-2013, 09:20 AM   #71
chuckdishian
BTW, Starsevol. It's CORPORATION.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:37 AM   #72
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckdishian View Post
BTW, Starsevol. It's CORPORATION.
You are right. I am used to just using Inc. Nonetheless for legal purposes the retail outlet I run is a corporation.
Had a wonderful time last night by the way, fundraiser for the local BMX track.
Feeding snakes right now but will be leaving for work in a few.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:43 AM   #73
chuckdishian
Good for you . Glad you had fun. I'm seriously taking your comments to heart and will dispose of my aged mice in a more humane and resposible way. Perhaps I can find someone with full grown snakes and donate them as food.

Old 03-23-2013, 09:48 AM   #74
starsevol
Quote:
Good for you . Glad you had fun. I'm seriously taking your comments to heart and will dispose of my aged mice in a more humane and resposible way. Perhaps I can find someone with full grown snakes and donate them as food.
I am so glad to hear that! Thank you!
I am one of those nuts (Not HSUS or PETA, I loathe those groups and do eat meat), but I am one of those nuts that tend to prefer animal company over most human company, I LOVE critters. Even mice. I know they are a food source but it hurts my heart when they are subjected to cruelty over and above what they need to be. Does that make sense?

Plus there are pathogens that can wipe out entire populations of native born wild stuff, I know that captive bred tortoises set loose can devistate a wild population. Can't let something like that happen without speaking up, can I?

Please forgive my zeal.

Old 03-23-2013, 11:56 AM   #75
VampMN
Quote:
I'm seriously taking your comments to heart and will dispose of my aged mice in a more humane and resposible way. Perhaps I can find someone with full grown snakes and donate them as food.
This sounds like a great idea! Perhaps you can check to see if there are any reptile rescues in your area. They are always in need of donations.

Old 03-27-2013, 08:53 PM   #76
ladymagpie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
If you only have one snake I would go with F/T and I would try to find someplace online that you can order from. I know AmericanRodentSupply.com does great service. I feed a mixture of both since I have several different types of snakes that have several different feeding "wants" (like a corn snake that turns into a hateling if we offer it a rat instead of a mouse).
Petsmart is ok for F/T but they can get expensive quick. You figure 6 pinkies for 12$ (that is what mine here charges) yet when they get older you will have to buy bigger ones, for the same price and you get less in a box. Yet I just got in a shipment of 400 f/t mice ranging from pinkies to large adults, for a little over 100usd shipped.

Not to mention if you buy live and your snake ends up not wanting it, you would be stuck with a live mouse to take care of until your snake does want it. Which would end up adding additional costs as well.
Why are mice so expensive in America? I thought I'd be cheaper over the pond. Here in the UK I can get 5 pinks for less than £5 ($7.50). I think its closer to £2 for 5.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google