CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Buying frozen in bulk

Old 11-01-2006, 10:12 AM   #1
NyanNyan
Buying frozen in bulk

I only have one corn and I brought 50 frozen pinkies at a show. Now, when I move up in size and want to buy in bulk frozen online should I go for the 25 or 50? I would only feed one snake, and wouldn't 50 be too much because she might move up from fuzzies? I want to move up to fuzzies when I run out of my pinkies which I have been feeding her two at a time.

Also, after fuzzies, (because I have made the decision to order from The Mouse Factory) they only have bags in 100 weanlings and hoppers before adults! Does that mean I have to order rat pups or something instead of ordering 100, which seems outragous for one snake?

Old 11-01-2006, 10:19 AM   #2
Fenderplayer108
You could always double up on the meal when you have extra of the smaller mice but need to move up.
Such as, 2 pinkys if you want to feed him fuzzies. Just feed extra small ones to pawn off your collection of smaller mice.
With just one corn snake, 25-50 fuzzies would be alright. Although I buy all mine in bulk bulk (250-500) So I may not be much help.
Ryan/Lifesong Photos

Old 11-01-2006, 10:32 AM   #3
NyanNyan
Okay, great thanks. I'm still not sure about hoppers and weanlings. Should I buy the rat pups or pinkies to replace the hoppers and weanlings? I really can't afford to buy a bag of 100 hopers/weanlings..

Old 11-01-2006, 11:33 AM   #4
Flagg
You can always go to a local reptile show and buy whatever quantity you need. If "Chitown" on your profile means Chicago, theres a show twice a month at dupage county fairgrounds. Vendors there sell in bags of 50 or one will sell any quantity frozen you want. Live sellers will sell any quantity of course.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:38 AM   #5
pcar
Quote:
Originally Posted by NyanNyan
Okay, great thanks. I'm still not sure about hoppers and weanlings. Should I buy the rat pups or pinkies to replace the hoppers and weanlings? I really can't afford to buy a bag of 100 hopers/weanlings..
The problem with moving to Rats is that they may never go back to mice later on. I have 1 snake like that right now. But, if you are worried about buying too many weanlings and hoppers, then go to a show and get the amount that you need.

Also, you might call up the place that you are ordering from and see if they can get you smaller bags. I know that you can get smaller QTY's from other places like Big Cheese rodents, Rodent Pro, American Rodents, and Mice Direct. They may/will be a little more expensive at the smaller qty, but then you only get what you want.

Old 11-01-2006, 11:44 AM   #6
NyanNyan
Oh, I didn't know that. .... I wouldn't want my snake to take only rats, but.. i'll have to think about it.

Old 11-01-2006, 01:17 PM   #7
jazzgeek
Another option to consider when you have only one snake is a "grow up pack", which will have a variety of sizes sold as one bulk pack. Zach Shepard (Shep151) sells these and he's across the Mississippi in Missouri. You can order them off of his website on this page.

(Not a compensated spokesperson, and I've never used them myself.)

regards,
jazz

Old 11-01-2006, 02:18 PM   #8
NyanNyan
Oh, I'll look into that.

thanks

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google