CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

can you feed cooked chicken?

Old 09-12-2007, 07:34 PM   #81
Roy Munson
I should also add that physical threats will be dealt with in the most severe manner (in forum and in PM). I haven't seen any direct threats in this thread, but they've been hinted at.

Let's not lose sight of the fact that we're discussing corn snake food. I don't get into yelling matches with my neighbor because I use Eukanuba and she uses Iams for her dog.

Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #82
Vinman
All I know that when the superendentant of reptiels at the bronx zoo tells me something I listen .He taught me how to pop the hemipines on a baby snake. He has been many books on herps. So I don't argue with a person when they are a world class profesinoal in herps. Boiling kills pathagines and parisites. Do the pic's don't lie. There is your proff that a mixed diet with cooked meats works

Old 09-12-2007, 08:03 PM   #83
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lennycorn
Their has been a lot of post on what to feed corns.
Fish, hamsters, birds, lizards and lets not forget crickets.
And beside crickets, the answer is YES you can..... but!! as I read through the threads of the post you get more of a feeling that the owner is just bored with feeding their snake the samething. And whats to see a little actions feeding it something else. And..is it best for the snake in the long run???? To me. when someone post a question like that, I usually see it's a new owner and I think that all answers should be "Rule of Thumb" answers.
Meaning Keep it simple, (K.I.S.S.) for now, until they have more experience.
Alot of things can be done. Cohab. Powerfeed. forcefeed. But lets master the basic.
Vinman (I think) stated that when time were tough. He had to feed cooked chicken. But when he first got started (I'm guessing) he feed either live or f/t. OK!.
Sometime you have to feed live. Is it better???? To keep the snake alive yes. But better ????
You can also have a biological tanks. Is it better?????
The answer from some folks and always from me will be a rule of thumb answer for a "newbie" type question.
You can do it but should you? At this point in time??????
Agreed 100%. I guess I was def. off topic as far as answering the OP. Though I did state that I feed nothing but FT mice, exceptions being FT quail to my female after she laid and needed fattening up (she was refusing mice for some reason and was ravenous for plucked quail lol).. and FT mice would be this noobs recommendation! I just don't see judging Vin for his practice, as he definately has the experience and stunning results.

I've yet to hear of anyone complaining about any purchase from him healthwise or otherwise..

Old 09-12-2007, 08:04 PM   #84
Hawkin'
Sorry Dean,I appologize.I didn't think I was provoking him.I found the way he blew up at"Judge not lest ye be judged" very funny.The part about being far enough away to be safe was the best.I posted up in jest,hence all the smilies."bow down to the master",he had to know it was in fun.I don't think he was being serious to me anyway. (sticks and stones and rasperry smilies?) Yeah,I agree the "Nuts" post won't fly on here.

Old 09-12-2007, 10:01 PM   #85
dizzl
Yes I see your point! I should of thought about some of the things that were said, with this being a family oriented site. But just to note I was not serious, just a little fun with Hawkin' thats all. It would be a serious wast of time to talk real trash to someone that lives on the other side of the country. All in all if anyone was in any way violated by me my bad.

Old 09-13-2007, 05:27 AM   #86
Ssthisto
Quote:
Originally Posted by dizzl
I was only worried about the cleanliness of the chicken thats why I wanted to know to cook it or not.
All I would do - if I HAD to feed chicken or other muscle meat to one of my snakes (unlikely - I breed my own rodents) - would be a quick dip into freshly boiled water to wipe out anything on the surface of the meat. Not long enough to cook it at all.

But I'd rather keep a good stock of frozen rodents in my freezer just in case.

Old 09-13-2007, 09:33 AM   #87
Vinman
I wish all I had to do is a quick dip . It would more harm that good I did my home work See a fast dip would only heat up the meat and some pathingins would breed more faster due to the heat you need to boil for 10 min to kill everything. .My mice are raise in a lab not by a mouse farmer . only the pinky and fuzzys are from a mouse breeder. Chicken can host a bunch of diffrent stuff. they are raised in dirty environment

Old 09-13-2007, 10:01 AM   #88
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
My mice are raise in a lad not by a mouse farmer .
Is this lad's last name "Gere" ?

Oops, family forum. Sorry.

regards,
jazz

Old 09-13-2007, 10:11 AM   #89
Vinman
Yea I'm screwed up in my spelling again. In between my poor spelling and me being dyslexic . it is a miracle that you can read my posts

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google