CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 10-20-2010, 05:48 PM   #11
Hallie
They are very informative. Did you check out the nutrition information chart? It has some really neat info.

Forgot to mention...the other reason I use them is they vend at the Cleveland Reptile Show, which I go to every other month or so. I can pick up my rodents there (for the internet price if I call ahead and order, when they're running a sale) and not have to worry about paying shipping. That brings up another point, RP frequently has sales. I'm not sure about the other companies, as I've never looked. I've saved hundreds by waiting to order mice and rats until nearly all the sizes I need are on sale at once.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:50 PM   #12
OkeeteeMom
FATMAN608...

Thanks for your input on this. I'm guessing that with the nature of the product being packaged and shipped, you must be right in...there are probably all sorts of pros and cons happening.

Old 10-20-2010, 05:53 PM   #13
OkeeteeMom
SALE? Ring-a-ding-ding!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hallie View Post
They are very informative. Did you check out the nutrition information chart? It has some really neat info.

Forgot to mention...the other reason I use them is they vend at the Cleveland Reptile Show, which I go to every other month or so. I can pick up my rodents there (for the internet price if I call ahead and order, when they're running a sale) and not have to worry about paying shipping. That brings up another point, RP frequently has sales. I'm not sure about the other companies, as I've never looked. I've saved hundreds by waiting to order mice and rats until nearly all the sizes I need are on sale at once.
That's music to a girl's ears. I'll keep my eyes peeled, but I don't expect I'll be needing to buy again for at least another 6 months to a year...that is, unless I get another pet!

Old 10-22-2010, 12:55 PM   #14
OkeeteeMom
Got My Order In...

Just an update:

I looked over all 5 trays and the contents appeared uniform in size and very clean (albeit, kinda' sad...why can't someone just make a CS 'chow'? LOL, just Kidding!).

Now here's the problem...IF Evie isn't gravid, but fat...then I need to put her on a diet.

Anyone know another reptile person in the ALBUQUERQUE AREA that might want to buy some clean, inexpensive rat hoppers???

Old 10-22-2010, 01:26 PM   #15
Nanci
What is a rat hopper? A pup? 27 grams?? She should be okay to eat those at a 14 day interval. A weanling rat of 35 grams is bigger than I'd feed any of my corns.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:42 PM   #16
DaGiant
For 100 pups from the company I use shipped
to New Mexico was $121.98

I have tried others in the past, but I'm hooked now
the feeder prices are similar, but I saved $ with shipping.

Old 10-22-2010, 02:58 PM   #17
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nanci View Post
What is a rat hopper? A pup? 27 grams?? She should be okay to eat those at a 14 day interval. A weanling rat of 35 grams is bigger than I'd feed any of my corns.
Hi Nanci! It's a weanling according to this company and the weight is around 30-50 grams each. Now what? : /

OH...btw, I just took my dog to the Vet and one of the front desk gals told me about a Vet in ABQ that specializes in exotics. So I'm making an appointment to take Evie in ASAP. If she's just fat and out of shape and not gravid, I need to know (I've got some rat weanlings to peddle, and fast!).

Old 10-22-2010, 03:01 PM   #18
OkeeteeMom
DAGIANT...

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaGiant View Post
For 100 pups from the company I use shipped to New Mexico was $121.98. I have tried others in the past, but I'm hooked now the feeder prices are similar, but I saved $ with shipping.
Hi Gene! What's the name of that company?

Old 10-22-2010, 04:31 PM   #19
WingedSweetheart
Well none of my snakes eat rat anything because they are so big. I just ordered a bunch of mice from Rodent Pro. It took a little while for them to ship but once shipped I got my order just a few days later. They were packaged really nice and everything was still frozen when I got it.

I ordered a bag of 100 small pinkies, 100 pinkies, 100 peach fuzzies, 100 fuzzies, 100 hoppers, 50 weanlings. Total price including shipping was $152.04.

I know I have more than 4 snakes will eat in a year, but I'm hoping to make some signs and put up in the local pet stores to see if anyone would like to share (for a small fee if possible). The local pet stores might not like me putting up the signs. I just have to try and see. I only decided to order mice because the local pet stores f/t feeders look horrible and I was so sick of it. The mice are so small and skinny and covered in yellow diarrhea! I'm happy to say that the mice from Rodent Pro are much healthier looking (also bigger than the same type of mouse at the pet store).

Old 10-22-2010, 04:34 PM   #20
OkeeteeMom
WOW!

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingedSweetheart View Post
Well none of my snakes eat rat anything because they are so big. I just ordered a bunch of mice from Rodent Pro. It took a little while for them to ship but once shipped I got my order just a few days later. They were packaged really nice and everything was still frozen when I got it.

I ordered a bag of 100 small pinkies, 100 pinkies, 100 peach fuzzies, 100 fuzzies, 100 hoppers, 50 weanlings. Total price including shipping was $152.04.

I know I have more than 4 snakes will eat in a year, but I'm hoping to make some signs and put up in the local pet stores to see if anyone would like to share (for a small fee if possible). The local pet stores might not like me putting up the signs. I just have to try and see. I only decided to order mice because the local pet stores f/t feeders look horrible and I was so sick of it. The mice are so small and skinny and covered in yellow diarrhea! I'm happy to say that the mice from Rodent Pro are much healthier looking (also bigger than the same type of mouse at the pet store).
That's an amazing price! Excellent!!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats