CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

FROZEN FEEDERS PRICE COMPARISONS

Old 11-06-2010, 06:30 PM   #41
rexracer
I only have the one snake, so my orders aren't large. The shipping kills me, but if I ordered more the shipping would be the same. I've always used The Mouse Factory, The mice are vacuum packed in a styrofoam tray, and "just bathed" clean. I only had a little poop on a couple mice twice in over 2 1/2 years. I've always gotten them next day as long as I order by 1-2:00 EST. I usually order Wednesday's. If you look at the pics on their site, that's exactly how mine always look when I get them. I might be able to save a couple bucks somewhere else, but I've been extremely happy with them, so I'll give them my business.

Old 11-06-2010, 06:32 PM   #42
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by rexracer View Post
I only have the one snake, so my orders aren't large. The shipping kills me, but if I ordered more the shipping would be the same. I've always used The Mouse Factory, The mice are vacuum packed in a styrofoam tray, and "just bathed" clean. I only had a little poop on a couple mice twice in over 2 1/2 years. I've always gotten them next day as long as I order by 1-2:00 EST. I usually order Wednesday's. If you look at the pics on their site, that's exactly how mine always look when I get them. I might be able to save a couple bucks somewhere else, but I've been extremely happy with them, so I'll give them my business.
Edna's mice are super nice!

Old 11-08-2010, 11:40 AM   #43
OkeeteeMom
MY NEWEST PRICE MICE COMPARISON...

I was looking for quotes on Frozen MICE feeders. I asked for quotes on 50 large pinkies and 25 adults, but some places don't offer in those quantities.

Here's what I got quoted:

The Mouse Factory:
50 large pink are 15.00
25 adult mice are 17.50
shipping Fed Ex standard overnight is 43.50
Total $76.00

Rodent Pro (Edna):

100 large pinkies are $16.00
50 large adults $22.50
Shipping $45.94
Total $84.44

The Big Cheese (Chris):

50 large pinks and 25 large adult mice $22.00
shipping 25.85
$5.00 box
Total $52.85

If there's anyone in or near ABQ, NM that wants to go in with me next time...please contact me.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:42 PM   #44
wax32
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkeeteeMom View Post
I was looking for quotes on Frozen MICE feeders. I asked for quotes on 50 large pinkies and 25 adults, but some places don't offer in those quantities.

Here's what I got quoted:

The Mouse Factory:
50 large pink are 15.00
25 adult mice are 17.50
shipping Fed Ex standard overnight is 43.50
Total $76.00

Rodent Pro (Edna):

100 large pinkies are $16.00
50 large adults $22.50
Shipping $45.94
Total $84.44

The Big Cheese (Chris):

50 large pinks and 25 large adult mice $22.00
shipping 25.85
$5.00 box
Total $52.85

If there's anyone in or near ABQ, NM that wants to go in with me next time...please contact me.
Edna is the mouse factory's owner, unless there is one that works at rodent pro too.

Old 11-08-2010, 03:47 PM   #45
OkeeteeMom
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax32 View Post
Edna is the mouse factory's owner, unless there is one that works at rodent pro too.
My bad. Edna from TMF. Thanks!

Old 11-12-2010, 02:50 AM   #46
slitheringdead
I received my first order from RodentPro today and i'm giving it a thumbs up. The mice and rats were clean and barely has any noticeable odor. My only prior experience with ordering bulk was from a vendor at a local reptile show. Man... those rats STINK. I bought 15 and i still have 10 left, but i can't bring myself to throw them away. At least now i know the difference between clean and dirty feeders.

My only complaint and it's not RodentPro's fault, was that a lot of the pinkies had their feet, tail, and in a few cases, head broken off. Pinkies are small and delicate, so when frozen, it's very easy for their appendages to break off during the shipment process.

In terms of pricing, i think RodentPro is the cheapest by far too.

Old 11-15-2010, 03:26 PM   #47
wax32
Rodent Pro Rats:

Small, 26 to 32 days of age, Qty. Per Bag: 20, Length (Inches): 4.50 - 6.00*, Weight (Grams): 45.00 - 84.00

This is actually 21 rats, I had one from the last bag, plus all of them from the new bag I jut opened.

As you can see (and their website states) their weights vary widely. (at least on rats, I haven't weighed the mice in my freezer.)

Anyone have weights from a bag of small rats from TMF? Just curious as to weights. Her website states 55g with some variation.

Old 11-15-2010, 10:56 PM   #48
slitheringdead
Based on some basic calculations, the average weight of RodentPro's small rats should be around 64.5g. Based on your sample, the average weight that you received was around 58g. That seems acceptable to me, although when you start looking at larger sized rats, for example medium rats are 85g-174g, the weight range is huge. Basically, you could potentially get a rat that is twice the weight of another rat in the same bag. Not sure if that's normal or not with rodent suppliers. It seems like they should be able to decrease that weight range gap.

Old 11-16-2010, 07:48 PM   #49
wax32
I had some 45g and one 93 grams in the same bag... pretty wide range.

Old 11-29-2010, 08:05 PM   #50
tress29
Quote:
Originally Posted by wyteboi View Post
We recently used American Rodent Supply. Our total was 121.00 and some change and we got:

100 Pinkies
100 Fuzzies
100 Crawlers
150 Small Mice
50 Medium Mice

Shipping was free to where we live in Tennessee, there was a 10.00 packing charge (to cover the dry ice I suspect). All the rodents were fully intact upon inspection and our snakes feed on them really good. The only downfall is there is a minimum order of $100.

Hope that helps someone!

http://americanrodent.com/
Happy dance! I just figured out that ARS is on the other side of town from where I live! I have to pickup my order during the business day, but to save on shipping...

Hmm, with only one little bitty hognose, 50 pinkies should last the better part of a year!

Theresa in Indy

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
frozen feeders, mice, rats