CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

breeding mice

Old 12-28-2010, 11:26 PM   #21
ZoologyGirl
I got my co2 canister and remote line with quick release off ebay for pretty cheap. I attached the quick release fitting to a rubbermaid bin, and the hose attaches to that. I fill up the CO2 at a sporting goods store, 20oz. for less than $3. Lasts a decent amount of time.

Old 12-28-2010, 11:30 PM   #22
MysticExotics
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZoologyGirl View Post
I got my co2 canister and remote line with quick release off ebay for pretty cheap. I attached the quick release fitting to a rubbermaid bin, and the hose attaches to that. I fill up the CO2 at a sporting goods store, 20oz. for less than $3. Lasts a decent amount of time.

How many rodents do you euthanize at a time, & how often?
Nice setup, btw

Old 12-29-2010, 06:16 AM   #23
baitman
As said above, the pinks go straight in the freezer, they are dead in seconds, the larger prey i just throw onto a paving slab that i have just for this purpose, they are killed instantly then placed in the freezer unles i need to feed fresh killed( which i do about every 5th or 6th feed)

Old 12-29-2010, 07:29 PM   #24
dirtymaxLB7
Well i finally got my mice but they seem kind of small and they told me they are about 2months so should i be worried?

Old 12-29-2010, 07:54 PM   #25
dirtymaxLB7
Also I wanted to buy the big bag of horse shavings because its huge and cheap but its pine so would that be ok?

Old 12-31-2010, 09:33 PM   #26
Buzzard
Only if its processed or kilned pine. Aspen is better for health but if you get some kilned pine you can mix the 2 for odor control. Tractor supply sells aspen and kiln pine. Pretty cheap 10 for a bail of aspen. It can be dusty so a spritz of water will help keep the dust down.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:27 PM   #27
Rave
my local petstore sold only female mice, however they had a good supply of adult feeder mice for sale, so I just grabbed M/F feeders, and they've worked out fine.

Old 01-02-2011, 05:29 PM   #28
Rave
I wouldn't worry, expect some baby mice in abount a month.

Old 01-03-2011, 12:07 AM   #29
Daniel
Let's say you go crazy, risk a buck, and buy two mice from an evil petstore and they die.
So what?

Old 01-03-2011, 12:16 AM   #30
Daniel
Atmox, try a medical supply place near your town. They might sell CO2 for various reasons.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google