CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

breeding mice

Old 01-12-2011, 12:20 PM   #41
Jake Levi
Great looking pics,

I have no experience with Corn Snakes, do have a lot with the Black Rat Snake, had some dandys I got in the wild, bought one, am looking at the Corn Snakes now and the Eastern Kings, still on the fence, would like a young pair to grow out once i decide which.

Keep the good pics coming,

Old 01-12-2011, 03:50 PM   #42
Snakehead
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Levi View Post
Great looking pics,

I have no experience with Corn Snakes, do have a lot with the Black Rat Snake, had some dandys I got in the wild, bought one, am looking at the Corn Snakes now and the Eastern Kings, still on the fence, would like a young pair to grow out once i decide which.

Keep the good pics coming,
Corn snakes are like Rat snakes in almost everyway. Only most Rat snakes tend to be a bit more nervous, but there are exceptions to every rule. I personally love the kings best. Here are some fresh mouse pics to stay on topic.

Old 01-12-2011, 09:29 PM   #43
atmox
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snakehead View Post
Last time I counted it was around 200, including hatchlings.
Jealous....

Old 01-12-2011, 09:31 PM   #44
atmox
Sorry double post, didn't see there was another page.

Quote:
Corn snakes are like Rat snakes in almost everyway.
Corn snakes are called red rat snakes by some people, they are related so it's no surprise that they are very similar.

Old 01-14-2011, 07:02 AM   #45
Jake Levi
Jorge you have some beautiful mice, especially like the golds and tans, the dark chocolates are very nice too.

Jake

Old 01-14-2011, 09:31 AM   #46
Snakehead
Thank you Atmox and Jake! Jake if I remember correctly I started out with all white mice, but they must have had some of these strains in their bloodline already. As an interesting one one pop out I would keep it as a breeder cause I found them too pretty to feed off. Today they are all pretty, and it's a shame really that I have to feed them all to my snakes. If anyone lives near Central Florida I would be glad to swap fancy mice for plain white mice.

Old 01-14-2011, 10:57 AM   #47
Jake Levi
Good morning Jorge

I have been thinking of much the same with some from Petsmart, I have seen some nice ones there, if, I do get a pair of snakes, either corn or the bigger black ones then will need to get some colonys started, I like both species, they get very comfortable with our body heat very young and are quite content to curl up with us, unlike others I have seen, that said I have only handled corn snakes in pet shops, the big black 'king' rat snakes though in the wild, extremely docile I thought, kept several I got that way for 2-3 years each, rehomed one because a lady didnt like them and one for a move, wish I had both yet.

So its a matter of deciding which, I lean towards the corn, just because of the colors possible, and slightly smaller size . I think each would be content in a 29H aquarium.

Looking forward to seeing more photos of your snakes and the mice.

Jake
Lauzerne, MI
We are all in this together

Old 01-14-2011, 05:18 PM   #48
Snakehead
Yeah, Corns are a great choice, now you have to decide which of the thousands of Corns you want, lol.

Old 01-14-2011, 05:25 PM   #49
persese101
Quote:
Corn snakes are like Rat snakes in almost everyway. Only most Rat snakes tend to be a bit more nervous, but there are exceptions to every rule. I personally love the kings best. Here are some fresh mouse pics to stay on topic.

Those are absolutely adorable@@@ Wish I had those colors in mine!

Old 01-14-2011, 06:01 PM   #50
Jake Levi
I have much to learn about the corn color genetics, I am leaning towards the reds, do like the snows, plenty of time to think about them too cold to mail them, so unless I went by petsmart or some such it will be spring, time to research them, would like to get a pair to breed.

Need to get a couple colonys of mice going if I do get them in the spring.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google