CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Big Cheese Rodent Factory

Old 07-22-2004, 02:46 AM   #11
Jason B.
A little tip I forgot to mention when using The big cheese. Consider ordering the large pinkies insted of fuzzies. they are huge pinkies and a lot of them are as big as some of the fuzzies I get just without the fur. It saves you a lot of $$$

Old 07-23-2004, 07:47 AM   #12
hosstheman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bekah
To hosstheman:

How long to defrost a single mouse to get it to a temp that you can feed it to your snake? Do they smell when they're defrosting? Just curious 'cause I've been feeding live.
To Bekah:
I dont defrost a single mouse what I do is take out what I need put in a freezer bag and soak in extremely hot tap water. It takes around 45 min. But I am defrosting 10-15 pinks some hoppers med mice. sometimes while I am feeding the smaller stuff i will change the water and resoak the bigger mice to make sure they are nice and warm. And I havent noticed an odor at all.

Rich:
Just Like Jason b said when I order I told her I needed newborn pinkies and she made a note for one day old pinks.

LawrenceM:
The mice separate very easy. What I do is when I open the vacuum seal I put them thick freezer bags and then into a brown bag. Big cheese told me that vacuum seal intact they should last over a year and a half. after seal is broken 6-8 months which is plenty long enough for me. Like treppilj said they are very they are packed in an well insulated box with dry ice packed on top.

Brian

Old 07-25-2004, 05:19 PM   #13
Taceas
I just got my newest order from them on last Wednesday. Perfect as usual!

I was ordering mostly smaller mice: pinks, fuzzies, and hoppers. The hoppers generally come in a bag of 50. And for me, thats too many to a bag. I don't like opening the whole bag and exposing them to air multuple times for that many. So I asked them if they could bag them in 25 to a bag, and sure enough they did, and no extra charge either.

Since they're fresh and dry when they pack them, I've never had a problem getting them loose from the bunch at all. Usually you just wiggle them and they come right apart. Unlike RodentPro where I'd damn near have to let the entire "block" thaw just to loosen a few.

And Rich, I specifically asked for the tiniest pinks they could give me, and they fullfilled my expectations. They look like newborn pinks with full milk bellies. Small enough for my smallest of hatchlings.

I can't say enough about BCRF. I like the service, the product, everything. They definitely go that extra mile. And I don't mind paying the extra money for something that was healthy when it went into the bag and freezer. They're as close to home-raised as you can get in my opinion.

And I second the large pink comment, they're huge!

For thawing, I thaw mine in warm-hot water till they're warm throughout. I found if I let them defrost in the air, the extremeties dry out and get harder than heck and more difficult for the snake to swallow. And I envisioned when you swallow one of those fries the wrong way, how it scratches all the way down. Not pleasant. =P

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google