CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

just curious....

Old 10-28-2006, 04:27 PM   #1
Steve'sMom
just curious....

I see mice of course, rats, and hamsters talked about on here, has anyone else ever tried gerbils? Just curious if I"m the only one. I did for a long time. I started with mice a long time ago. They started to annoy me....even keeping a single male in a 10 gal. tank would produce insane amounts of stink within a day of cleaning! So I tried gerbils. They were great. They didn't stink, the males didn't coat everything in pee, and the male could stay with the family with no fear of him eating the babies. I even had a pair that at one time had 3 generations together in the same tank and the older babies actually helped with the little ones! Adults seem to be the perfect size for an adult corn, only downfall is the pinkies are too big for hatchling corns, but I didn't have any at the time. I've also tried rats, after my big boy was full grown I thought he'd like to eat rats, but that sucked, will never do it again! LOL

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google