CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

I just put 3 pinkies in the freezer *cries*

Old 08-16-2007, 06:54 PM   #31
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Zulu
i'm not saying that any animal should be tortured or treated badly
but if you feel bad about killing a mouse then you are keeping the wrong animals

if you have reservations about killing an animal then don't do it and don't pay anyone else to do it for you
buying pre-killed is not an excuse
if you buy it then you are still responsible for that animal dying. it died so you could feed your snake whether you killed it yourself or not

this doesn't just go for snake food either
this also goes for the beef, chicken, seafood that you buy at the store
just because you didn't slaughter the chicken yourself doesn't mean that it didn't die so that you could consume it

also if you are keeping cats and dogs remember that their food is also made from a large amount of animal protein

even if you quit eating meat and become a vegetarian you will be killing a living thing for your own sustenance
there is no reason to feel bad about it that's the way the world works
Just because I won't kill a mouse DOES NOT mean I am keeping the wrong animals. I have no problem with an animal dying to feed myself or my snakes. But I absolutely REFUSE to take a live animal and make it dead.
I just won't do that.
People like myself are the reason that supermarkets and The Gourmet Rodent exist. And THAT'S the way the world works, too!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:26 PM   #32
bigjerm
To each his own. No need to have royal rumble.To speak for all here, You do it your way, I'll do it mine. --------------- Cant we all just get along?

Old 08-16-2007, 08:34 PM   #33
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
Just because I won't kill a mouse DOES NOT mean I am keeping the wrong animals. I have no problem with an animal dying to feed myself or my snakes. But I absolutely REFUSE to take a live animal and make it dead.
I just won't do that.
People like myself are the reason that supermarkets and The Gourmet Rodent exist. And THAT'S the way the world works, too!

Amen!

Old 08-16-2007, 08:39 PM   #34
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by CornNoobie
Im glad you said that, I was beginning to think i was the only one!!

No your not the only one, that is why I researched being able to obtain dead rodents prior to purchasing my snakes. As a pet owner I have an obligation to feed my snakes, I know that, but if I couldnt get ahold of dead mice guess what....I wouldnt own snakes, Im glad I can cause I love them.

And if one of my extremely good eaters :::fingers crossed::: should some day decide she needed that "jump start" live prey that people talk about some of them needing once in a while......well I have someone on stand by to do it for me, i wont do it, thats that.

Old 08-16-2007, 08:52 PM   #35
azzagoth
I just think its hypocritical wanting other people to kill for you, when you cant do it yourself, and thereby thinking its better. Just what I feel.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:06 PM   #36
marcos and striker
hi azzagoth i had the same problem when i first got my corn snake the mouse kept strugling and finaly it died and it got sadening and now i'm over it so you just get over after a while. hope to talk to again

marcos and striker

Old 08-16-2007, 09:33 PM   #37
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by azzagoth
I just think its hypocritical wanting other people to kill for you, when you cant do it yourself, and thereby thinking its better. Just what I feel.

With that rational everyone in the world who enters a supermarket and ventures down the meat aisle is a hypocrite then.

IMO, Id rather be a hypocrite then a murderer......not taking away from anyone else who chooses to take that road, raise their own feed.....thats fine....its not for me though. Call me sensitive....I can sleep at night being a hypocrite.

Old 08-16-2007, 09:34 PM   #38
Alien Zulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
I just won't do that.
i hope you're never put in a situation where there are no supermarkets around...

Old 08-16-2007, 10:07 PM   #39
JustineNYC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Zulu
i hope you're never put in a situation where there are no supermarkets around...

What situation is that, the apocalypse?

We're not pretending finding yourself in an extreme situation (survival of the fittest) where you are unable to purchase food is the same as voluntarily owning snakes and voluntarily choosing to purchase pre killed are we?

Old 08-16-2007, 10:32 PM   #40
bigjerm
[quote=JustineNYC]What situation is that, the apocalypse?

Hey, never know now-a-days!!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google