CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

I just put 3 pinkies in the freezer *cries*

Old 08-18-2007, 02:18 AM   #71
hannibal21222
i think putting them in the freezer is a bit harsh, i throw them on the concrete hard enough to kill on the first blow, i feel it's very humane considering they die instantly, it crushes the skull.

Old 08-18-2007, 02:23 AM   #72
Alien Zulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustineNYC
I mean, is that really necessary? Its completely juvenile and ridiculous.
sorry if that came of as juvenile and ridiculous
it was actually a serious question
do you feel remorse if you squash a bug?
if not then why not? is it because "it's just a bug"?

Old 08-18-2007, 08:44 AM   #73
starsevol
I don't squash MOST bugs. Not on purpose anyway. I move them outside. I will squash a mosquito because of triple e and west nile virus.

And squashing is a fairly humane method of euthanizing bugs, wouldn't you say?

Old 08-18-2007, 11:41 AM   #74
Corny Noob
While a good discussion is always nice, I've been reading this from the start and I think some of you are getting way too involved in this.
Opinions well they're like assholes everyone has them.

The topic creator felt bad about something, end of topic. It wasn't a "gee maybe I should feed frozen instead" or "maybe I shouldn't have snakes because I feel bad killing their prey" topic. It was none of those.
Just someone feeling human emotions and feeling bad over something they did.

No need to anaylze this so much, write page long posts or start calling ideals ridicoulus or juvinelle.

Old 08-18-2007, 12:16 PM   #75
Alien Zulu
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
I don't squash MOST bugs. Not on purpose anyway. I move them outside. I will squash a mosquito because of triple e and west nile virus.

just because it's humane doesn't change the fact that it's still "just a bug"
how is that any different than saying "it's just a mouse?"
is it because mice are cuter than mosquitoes?

let's not forget that this whole argument/discussion started because i said "they're just mice" and you somehow equated that to abandoning kittens and kicking the family dog and told me that there is a special place in hell for people who think the way i do

let me reiterate that i in no way condone the mistreatment of any living thing
i don't know how you pulled that out of the statement "they're just mice"
THEY ARE JUST MICE
i have several pets
a dog, snake, and 2 sugar gliders
i would never mistreat or let anyone else mistreat any of my animals
i go out of my way to make sure they are cared for above and beyond what they need but i'm not blind to the fact that they are still just a dog, just a snake, and just a pair of sugar gliders

i also want to say that i'm sorry if i have offended anyone in this thread
things always get heated in these type of discussions and i may have said some things i shouldn't have. i just get defensive when people take what i say completely out of context and try to throw it back at me
i respect everyone's opinion and i actually thank you for sharing them with me
i hope we can all accept each others different views on this matter and be friends
as long as no one is mistreating their animals then there should be no problems right?

btw: i also buy all my mice frozen from the pet store. i don't do it to avoid killing mice. i don't raise them because i have no need for that volume (yet). i would humanely euthanize my own mice if it was necessary and i wouldn't feel bad about it. does that make me such a bad person?

Old 08-18-2007, 12:53 PM   #76
starsevol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alien Zulu
just because it's humane doesn't change the fact that it's still "just a bug"
how is that any different than saying "it's just a mouse?"
is it because mice are cuter than mosquitoes?

let's not forget that this whole argument/discussion started because i said "they're just mice" and you somehow equated that to abandoning kittens and kicking the family dog and told me that there is a special place in hell for people who think the way i do

let me reiterate that i in no way condone the mistreatment of any living thing
i don't know how you pulled that out of the statement "they're just mice"
THEY ARE JUST MICE
i have several pets
a dog, snake, and 2 sugar gliders
i would never mistreat or let anyone else mistreat any of my animals
i go out of my way to make sure they are cared for above and beyond what they need but i'm not blind to the fact that they are still just a dog, just a snake, and just a pair of sugar gliders

i also want to say that i'm sorry if i have offended anyone in this thread
things always get heated in these type of discussions and i may have said some things i shouldn't have. i just get defensive when people take what i say completely out of context and try to throw it back at me
i respect everyone's opinion and i actually thank you for sharing them with me
i hope we can all accept each others different views on this matter and be friends
as long as no one is mistreating their animals then there should be no problems right?

btw: i also buy all my mice frozen from the pet store. i don't do it to avoid killing mice. i don't raise them because i have no need for that volume (yet). i would humanely euthanize my own mice if it was necessary and i wouldn't feel bad about it. does that make me such a bad person?

No, I don't believe that you are a bad person, AT ALL. It's just that most of the people who DO abuse animals do it and explain themselves by reasoning "it's just a...". I see it all the time.
I don't believe in "animal rights", but I DO think that NO living creature is a "justa" and that even the smallest of lives deserve some respect.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:09 PM   #77
azzagoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol

I thought I was the only one who picked up a bug, and then put it outside

Not to say I always do this, but if it's just as convenient getting it out the door or window as killing it, I usually do that. On the other hand, I can't honestly say I feel too bad when squashing a bug, I just try to avoid it.

Old 08-18-2007, 03:13 PM   #78
azzagoth
Quote:
Originally Posted by hannibal21222
i think putting them in the freezer is a bit harsh, i throw them on the concrete hard enough to kill on the first blow, i feel it's very humane considering they die instantly, it crushes the skull.
Wouldn't that create a big mess with the pinkies? Splatter everywhere I mean

Old 08-18-2007, 03:27 PM   #79
azzagoth
I also did not mean to offend anyone when making this thread. There seems to be a very good and active community on this forum, and I did not wish to get the whole lot of you against me on my opening thread. So I hope that those of you who it concerns can overlook that and hopefully we can get on a better start

I'll make an introduction in the introduction part of this forum now

Old 08-18-2007, 03:36 PM   #80
Corny Noob
Hey I tried to defend you

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google