CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

can you feed cooked chicken?

Old 09-10-2007, 03:13 AM   #1
dizzl
Exclamation can you feed cooked chicken?

Can I feed my corn cooked chicken? If so how? Any advice would help.

Old 09-10-2007, 05:36 AM   #2
Lennycorn
No cooked anything.
Just mice and rat pups.

Old 09-10-2007, 11:16 AM   #3
Corny Noob
And chicks, and eggs and some other birds, and lizards.
Although you don't want to feed them lizards, this is something they only eat in the wild and you chance them refusing to ever go back to other food. Uneccesarily complicated.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:50 PM   #4
GillyMonster
I read that you can hurt your snake feeding them chicken or beef not enough nutrition,with mice they digest brains bones of the mouse for bone growth and for other goodies.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:28 PM   #5
grimm1
they eat birds in the wild so should be no trouble meat wise, but the calcium and a few other things come from the bone ,guts,etc..., also they need the fur/feathers like old folks need metamucile. don't see it hurting anything as an occasional meal, just not every meal.

Old 09-10-2007, 03:35 PM   #6
Nomed
why are you thinking about feeding chicken anyway?
lol.
just get over it and feed it mice

Old 09-10-2007, 03:39 PM   #7
CaptBogart
They are called Rat Snakes for a reason.... Don't feed them anything but mice and rats, lizard scented if they are difficult feeding hatchlings, and if you want to try something different, you can try chicks, but the poop smells REALLY bad I hear... Oh, and don't cook any of them...

Old 09-10-2007, 03:42 PM   #8
jazzgeek
Since wild snakes don't often have access to a microwave...

....as Lenny said, don't feed them cooked anything.

regards,
jazz

Old 09-10-2007, 09:18 PM   #9
tom e
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptBogart
They are called Rat Snakes for a reason.... Don't feed them anything but mice and rats, lizard scented if they are difficult feeding hatchlings, and if you want to try something different, you can try chicks, but the poop smells REALLY bad I hear... Oh, and don't cook any of them...
Smells bad and it's a little runnier. If quail are the same as chicks..

Old 09-11-2007, 12:07 PM   #10
onelifetolive45
Just curious why you would want to feed it cooked chicken? The most effiecent way to feed is rodents, stick with what works

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google