CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

can you feed cooked chicken?

Old 09-11-2007, 07:52 PM   #31
Sanebedlam
The point is she said something a cheap shot as you call it and then you attacked her putting you on the same level you all need to calm down now I really think this thread needs a lock as it is no longer on topic.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:04 PM   #32
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman
I cant take this It is drama She put out the cheap shot and thinks I gonna take it . I can say on my behalf at least I can let things go. I dont start the crap. I know Icome back hard . That should tell you that I dont want the BS. Leave me alone . All this because I dont Like steve Iwern. Big woop Dee doop. She has got to get over it and get on with life. Even If I did not agree with her in a post I would not take the cheap shot. Sorry for the hostillity but I sick of he crap!!!
I already said all I have to say, Vin. I don't give a crap about the way you two feel about each other. If it spills into the main forum, I'm obligated to do something about it. You've both taken your cheap shots at each other, and now it STOPS! It's not fair to the original poster to lock this thread because you two want to dredge up ancient animosity. If it continues, I WON'T take the easy way out. I'll just delete the posts that fly in the face of this site's rules. Warnings or suspensions may ensue. Simple, really.

Old 09-11-2007, 08:05 PM   #33
Vinman
Look I know you are new here but this stuff has been going on since Steve I. died Please forgive me for the BS .As I stated before, I'm sick of the cheep shots. See how you like it if this was a on going thing with you. You will see how things could get . I would complan to rich this get to out of hand . I not saying I not gulty. I can hang with best!!!! . But it sucked to be truthful. Some would just come on a thread because someone else posted on it and take a cheap shot like may I not mention any names !!!! I'm so glad he cleaned things up here

Old 09-11-2007, 08:08 PM   #34
jazzgeek
Recipe for Cincinnati-Style Chili:

Ingredients:

3 onions, chopped
6 garlic cloves, minced
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
4 pounds ground beef chuck
1/3 cup chili powder
2 tablespoons sweet paprika
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 teaspoon ground coriander
1 teaspoon ground allspice
1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
1/2 teaspoon cayenne
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1/4 teaspoon ground mace
1 bay leaf
3 cups water
One 16-ounce can tomato sauce
2 tablespoons wine vinegar
2 tablespoons molasses
Spaghetti, kidney beans, chopped onion, grated Cheddar, and oyster crackers as traditional accompaniments if desired

Instructions
In a large heavy kettle cook the onions and the garlic in the oil over moderate heat, stirring, until the onions are softened. Add the beef, and cook the mixture, stirring and breaking up the lumps, until the beef is no longer pink.

Add the chili powder, the paprika, the cumin, the coriander, the allspice, the oregano, the cayenne, the cinnamon, the cloves, and the mace and cook the mixture, stirring, for 1 minute. Add the bay leaf, the water, the tomato sauce, the vinegar, and the molasses and simmer the mixture, uncovered, stirring occasionally and adding more water if necessary to keep the beef barely covered, for 2 hours, or until it is thickened but soupy enough to be ladled. Discard the bay leaf and season the chili with salt and pepper.

The chili may be frozen or made 4 days in advance, cooled, uncovered, and kept covered and chilled. Serve the chili as is or in the traditional Cincinnati "five-way" style: Ladle the chili over the spaghetti and top it with the beans, the onion, the Cheddar, and the oyster crackers.

Enjoy!

regards,

jazz

Old 09-11-2007, 08:10 PM   #35
Vinman
Now to the Op To get back on track You may decied to use or not to use chicken in your diet. It is up to you . ll I can say if you do cook it for ten min. as was told to me by the superindenteT of reptiles at the bronx zoo. Their biggest burmese python was raised on frozen super market checked. Bill told me cook it because of parasites and pathegines

Hey Jazz you forgot the the pinky rats

Old 09-11-2007, 08:18 PM   #36
starsevol
I have not posted a single word to Vin SINCE the Irwin thread a year ago, so how he can say its "ongoing" is beyond me.

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand.
My advice is, listen to what everyone has to say.....and then follow Kathy Love's advice!

Easy, no?

Old 09-11-2007, 08:32 PM   #37
Hawkin'
I just wanted to say I've met Vinny in person a couple times and he's a complete A******!!!!!!!(HA-Ha,just kiddin' Vin!!!!!!) He was real cool to me and my daughters at the shows.He's a hard a** from the Bronx.Says what he thinks and doesn't sugar coat anything.So he can't spell,big deal.He can carry on a conversation with you just fine.I think he comes off bad in the posts some times because of the spelling problems.Yeah sometimes he's rude,but so are other people on here.Myself I think alot of people on here are a little too sensative.He was pulling snakes out from under the table to show us and letting my daughters play with his dragons.He gave us a good deal on a dragon my daughter wanted.He knocked quite a bit off the price when I told him I was on the Cornsnake forum.

Now as far as feeding chicken,turkey etc.I wouldn't do it,because I don't have to.Right now I can afford the proven method of using mice.He ran out of cash and tried something different. His snakes he can do with them as he wishes.Kathy Love said she fed chicken back in the day and nobody jumped all over her.Maybe in a few years his snakes will be fine,maybe not.Maybe 1/2 chicken 1/2 rodents will be fine.Maybe someone will find out a piece of chicken here or there is actually good for them.Who knows.

Old 09-11-2007, 09:05 PM   #38
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol
I have not posted a single word to Vin SINCE the Irwin thread a year ago, so how he can say its "ongoing" is beyond me.

Anyhoo, back to the subject at hand.
My advice is, listen to what everyone has to say.....and then follow Kathy Love's advice!

Easy, no?
look I going to say this from my heart. I did not know you from a hole in the wall till I posted about Steve Since then yopu have taken many cheap shots at me . Dont tell me you dont remember figfhting with me on other threads . Maybe you dont realize you are doing it . I dont hate you. I dont want to arguee with you . I dont care if you say in the hobby or not. I have seen many I liked and not like. come and go I'm still here. Look despite everything if you ever have a problem I would still give you advice . The snakes are the most important thing to me not the keepers it is not the snakes fult that we keepers fight. I dont care if you dont like me but you respect me on this board. Even If I dissagree with you on something it will be done with couth.. Now that you awere of what is going on lets do something about it. It is 9-11 and we all are AMERICANS, as Marvin Gaye said whats going on

Old 09-11-2007, 09:09 PM   #39
Vinman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkin'
I just wanted to say I've met Vinny in person a couple times and he's a complete A******!!!!!!!(HA-Ha,just kiddin' Vin!!!!!!) He was real cool to me and my daughters at the shows.He's a hard a** from the Bronx.Says what he thinks and doesn't sugar coat anything.So he can't spell,big deal.He can carry on a conversation with you just fine.I think he comes off bad in the posts some times because of the spelling problems.Yeah sometimes he's rude,but so are other people on here.Myself I think alot of people on here are a little too sensative.He was pulling snakes out from under the table to show us and letting my daughters play with his dragons.He gave us a good deal on a dragon my daughter wanted.He knocked quite a bit off the price when I told him I was on the Cornsnake forum.

Now as far as feeding chicken,turkey etc.I wouldn't do it,because I don't have to.Right now I can afford the proven method of using mice.He ran out of cash and tried something different. His snakes he can do with them as he wishes.Kathy Love said she fed chicken back in the day and nobody jumped all over her.Maybe in a few years his snakes will be fine,maybe not.Maybe 1/2 chicken 1/2 rodents will be fine.Maybe someone will find out a piece of chicken here or there is actually good for them.Who knows.

Thank you it was a pelasure meeting you and the family

Old 09-11-2007, 10:47 PM   #40
kev1144
I swear I've seen this before, on some chick flick my girlfriend made me watch, 2 people hate each other but over time grow to become intimate loves and tug at ones effection...ah yes The Breakfast Club... please continue I was always curious how this panned out...

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google