CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

RodentPro Horror...

Old 02-10-2008, 10:57 AM   #11
Snake Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
Amber, I think he was referring to the fact that the reptuation link does not work in the feeder forum. He was going to give you positive rep for recommending TMF but couldn't. This is an ongoing issue in thes forum, not sure why.
He he, I'm the only person who can rep from the feeder forum. All bow down before me! (Or ask me to do your 'repping' for you )

In relation to the thread issue, I'd send a formal complaint and expect either a full refund or a replacement order. From what I've heard they're a pretty reliable and honest company, so I'm sure you'll get fair service.

All the best

David

Old 02-10-2008, 10:59 AM   #12
ratsncorns
Snake Dave

Old 02-10-2008, 11:00 AM   #13
Snake Dave
Quote:
Snake Dave

Aww you've gotta love it

Old 02-10-2008, 11:33 AM   #14
Roy Munson
I respect the fact that many people are loyal to RodentPro, and it seems that they are pretty good about correcting mistakes and replacing sub-par product. But how many threads like this have we seen? I use The Mouse Factory, and I wouldn't go with anyone else unless I had to. I've ordered tens of thousands of mice from TMF, and I've never received a single "bad" mouse. Heck, it looks like they shampoo their mice before sending them out. Out of the thousands, I've maybe had 5 pinkies and fuzzies that had severed heads due to the packaging process (vacuum sealing), but the items were fresh, and I was able to use them.

I'm very loyal to TMF, but I'll be honest about their biggest shortcoming: supply. The situation is actually at its worst right now because they're rotating out their breeding stock with fresh blood. The order I received this past week was smaller than my normal one because of shortages on some sizes. The biggest inconvenience this causes me is that I'll have to place my next order sooner, but it's not really an issue since I'll be all set until I place my big pinky order to prepare for the '08 hatchlings.

But even if I'd been forced to place part of my order elsewhere, it would not have been with RodentPro. There are too many other suppliers out there for whom I have not seen such a high number of negative reports.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:47 AM   #15
Cam5
Quote:
Amber, I think he was referring to the fact that the reptuation link does not work in the feeder forum. He was going to give you positive rep for recommending TMF but couldn't. This is an ongoing issue in thes forum, not sure why.

Yes you are right.

I was just trying to give positive feedback for the information on The Mouse Factory. I tried to click on the reputation link for AMBER to say thanks but the link was innactive.
I wasn't trying to be cryptic, just short and to the point. Sorry for the misunderstanding

I guess next time I could just PM the person to give out a quick thanks.

Anyway...have a great day.

Old 02-10-2008, 11:50 AM   #16
Chris Olson
I'm not sure it's loyalty so much as it is an issue you touched on, Dean. Supply. TMF and Mice Direct are always out of stuff. Rodent Pro is the largest so they have it more often when people need it. Rodent Pro seems to be out of product regularly as well, but I don't think it's to the same degree and they are able to replenish their stock faster. The only quality issues I've ever had with them is thawing during shipment. It happens almost every time I order in the summer. It's because their shipping boxes suck. The dry ice evaporates and combined with the SC heat and humidity the boxes get really soft and become susceptible to damage. Despite having that conversation with them year after year, shipment after shipment, they are always anxious to make it right for me. I don't have a problem with a person or company that makes a mistake from time to time. I measure them for how they handle those situations as much or more than I do for the transactions that are perfect and therefore forgotten about. I think a company as large as Rodent Pro sends out so many packages that statistically there are going to be more complaints than with smaller companies. Statistically, you may find more satisfied customers as well.

Chris

Old 02-10-2008, 12:09 PM   #17
Roy Munson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Olson View Post
I'm not sure it's loyalty so much as it is an issue you touched on, Dean. Supply. TMF and Mice Direct are always out of stuff. Rodent Pro is the largest so they have it more often when people need it. Rodent Pro seems to be out of product regularly as well, but I don't think it's to the same degree and they are able to replenish their stock faster. The only quality issues I've ever had with them is thawing during shipment. It happens almost every time I order in the summer. It's because their shipping boxes suck. The dry ice evaporates and combined with the SC heat and humidity the boxes get really soft and become susceptible to damage. Despite having that conversation with them year after year, shipment after shipment, they are always anxious to make it right for me. I don't have a problem with a person or company that makes a mistake from time to time. I measure them for how they handle those situations as much or more than I do for the transactions that are perfect and therefore forgotten about. I think a company as large as Rodent Pro sends out so many packages that statistically there are going to be more complaints than with smaller companies. Statistically, you may find more satisfied customers as well.
Good points, Chris. I should clarify that TMF has never been OUT of something I've needed, but they have placed restrictions on the quantity I could order of specific sizes. I would think that RP would get on the ball with their packaging. I've had deliveries from TMF during heat waves, and the product was in the same condition as the deliveries in winter, with the dry ice largely intact and zero thawing.

But people have posted photos of some of the stuff they've received from RP, and you have to wonder how the packages were sent out in good conscience. I've seen pics of bags of dark, weird-looking pinks with bedding and feces pasted all over them. It's cool that they are always willing to MAKE things right, but it would be cooler if they could just do things right in the first place. If they have some quiet policy of sending out funky stuff because the cost of disposing of sub-par product is less than the cost of replacing the product for those who actually demand it, I wouldn't want to support that business philosophy.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:31 PM   #18
Chris Olson
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roy Munson View Post
But people have posted photos of some of the stuff they've received from RP, and you have to wonder how the packages were sent out in good conscience. I've seen pics of bags of dark, weird-looking pinks with bedding and feces pasted all over them. It's cool that they are always willing to MAKE things right, but it would be cooler if they could just do things right in the first place. If they have some quiet policy of sending out funky stuff because the cost of disposing of sub-par product is less than the cost of replacing the product for those who actually demand it, I wouldn't want to support that business philosophy.

I agree, and if I thought that was their business philosophy I wouldn't support them either. I've never had a package with bedding and feces in the mix. All of mine have been clean. I've seen the pictures also, but having never received a package like that from them in all these years I can't justify taking my business elsewhere unless I need to in order to fulfill the needs of my freezer. I can definitely see your point though, and the point of the people who have made the switch. If I did have experiences like those, you can bet I would be singing a different tune. That said, I have never heard anything bad about TMF, and wouldn't have any hesitation buying from them if it suited my needs....

Chris

Old 02-10-2008, 12:34 PM   #19
omni
No problem on quality here w/ RodentPro, but had a basically neutral experience. Out of a bag of fuzzies, it looks like a third are bigger than peach-fuzzies, half are hoppers, the rest are fully small weanlings and there is one sub-adult. I didn't say anything because I still raise some feeders and can work around them botching the fuzzies.
I am tho going to one of the other major suppliers next time I order to compare with.

Old 02-10-2008, 12:44 PM   #20
kathylove
I have also been ordering from RodentPro for many years, and am very satisfied with them. They always give me great prices because I order in large quantity, although only a couple of times per year. The packaging has always been great. If in summer (I am in Florida!), I ask for a little extra dry ice, which does slightly increase the cost of shipping. The worst I have ever seen is a few packs of pinks may be slightly soft, but not thawed. I just use those first. I never had any dirty, disgusting packages like others have. I am sure others have gotten some rare, bad shipments, but as everyone else said, I have never heard of anyone who wasn't made happy after they fixed the problem.

I have also heard great things about The Mouse Factory, but never bought from them myself. I have bought from Mice Direct, but only in person at shows. Their sizes tend to run smaller than the same labeled size at RodentPro, but the quality was ok. So I can't really comment on shipping from anyone except RodentPro.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google