CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

RodentPro Horror...

Old 02-11-2008, 09:22 AM   #31
Nanci
Well, I just reluctantly placed an order with Mice Direct, because I need tiny pinks, and they have a sale on peach fuzzies (100/$12) so I got some of those too. Their shipping is outrageous. $70 for two day, when TMF would be $30 or less for next day??? I'll let you know how the mice are. I love TMF, though- they are the best. I've bought from MD before at shows. They're ok. Whatever they sell at the Exo Terra shop at shows is gross, though- bedding, strong mouse smell, poo. I only buy from them in an emergency.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:06 AM   #32
Cam5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snake Dave View Post
I've heard that with RodentPro, yes, that's pretty standard. Pinkies are very fragile when frozen, and if they're not correctly packed then parts will snap off during transit. TMF use fantastic packaging and so therefore, that chance is significantly reduced. Just look at this picture, they're good enough for me to shove in a casserole!

Okay, I'm switching over! You have converted me

And that casserole idea is REALLY temping I am in a rut for meals plans around here, and a bit punchy from cabin fever, I offerd our middle son a "f/t waffle" for breakfast, yes he looked at me like I had lost my mind

Either way you thaw it, this is a very helpful thread for several reasons. Especially to those of us nervous about dropping a chunck of change just to see how much greener the grass is someplace else.

Old 02-11-2008, 11:34 AM   #33
Snake Dave
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam5 View Post

Okay, I'm switching over! You have converted me

And that casserole idea is REALLY temping I am in a rut for meals plans around here, and a bit punchy from cabin fever, I offerd our middle son a "f/t waffle" for breakfast, yes he looked at me like I had lost my mind

Either way you thaw it, this is a very helpful thread for several reasons. Especially to those of us nervous about dropping a chunck of change just to see how much greener the grass is someplace else.
Ha ha, well good! That's what the forum is for, getting the best information!

I just wish I could order from them, but unfortunately, the cost of shipping a box of mice next day from the US would probably cost more than me setting up my own mouse factory

All the best

David

Old 02-11-2008, 11:39 AM   #34
Cam5
Hey Snake Dave, do you have a good selection of rodent suppliers over there?

Old 02-11-2008, 12:12 PM   #35
Snake Dave
Not a broad selection no, I don't order online anyway. I have a local reptile shop that I buy from, and they get their mice from www.livefoods.co.uk, which is probably one of the biggest producers of frozen mice and live food like crickets and locusts, in the UK. I get most of my tank decorations, thermostats etc. from there, and the occasional box of live food for my gecko, but never frozen mice.

Old 02-11-2008, 12:32 PM   #36
Cam5
Interesting how things are so different yet so much the same no matter where we are geographically

Old 02-11-2008, 02:24 PM   #37
ForkedTung
I did a comparison and by the time shipping is factored in an order of 100 pinkies is for TMF is 45.00$ and the RP quote is 49.06, thats 4.06$ I can save for more feeders ( obviously this is a small quantity and specific to my location)....

Old 02-11-2008, 02:42 PM   #38
Gralena
ok, so I have been buying f/t pinkies at the pet store (6 for $10) and I know that is not a good deal at all. What I like about them is that each pinky is in its own little ziploc bag, which I just throw in a cup of warm water to thaw. Do any of the online companies individually bag the mice? Or are they in one big frozen lump? Do you have to break one off when you need it? Thanks

Old 02-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #39
ForkedTung
Quote:
Gralena

Rep Power: 21 ok, so I have been buying f/t pinkies at the pet store (6 for $10) and I know that is not a good deal at all. What I like about them is that each pinky is in its own little ziploc bag, which I just throw in a cup of warm water to thaw. Do any of the online companies individually bag the mice? Or are they in one big frozen lump? Do you have to break one off when you need it? Thanks
___
As far as I know there are no companies that indivualy pack each one. I'm sure the price would go up then. They can be lightly stuck together but are usually easily pulled away without breaking parts off. I just throw mine (without baggies)in a cup of water too... no worries/no problems.

Old 02-11-2008, 03:23 PM   #40
kathylove
I think there is a pet shop brand that individually packs them - maybe Arctic Mice? Maybe Mice on Ice? But I think they are quite expensive.

As mentioned, they are usually easy to get apart without thawing them.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google