CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Frozen mice: Hole in their chest?

Old 03-05-2008, 05:54 PM   #21
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by starsevol View Post
patm, sounds like you just read this thread and "regurged" it.....
I'm not sure what that means, but it sounds funny as heck.

I know all of the killing methods, but I have never heard of deaath by piearced heart in feeders. It just seems like too much work.

Old 03-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #22
Nanci
Quote:
Another Quote Of The Week!

Old 03-05-2008, 06:16 PM   #23
toyah
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyah
With older animals, ice crystals forming while the animal is conscious means that freezing is a painful and horrific death, but with new pinkies they are so small that unconsciousness occurs before the crystals have time to be created, so freezing is humane for them.
Quote:
Originally Posted by patm1313 View Post
Freezing live pinkies is no problem, as they are almost immediatley unconcious, so that ice crystals can form without them feeling pain. C02 works great on older mice
Was there something wrong with the way I phrased it, patm1313, that it needed to be resaid? Just I am assuming that you've reworded that part of my post for a reason ...

Old 03-05-2008, 06:18 PM   #24
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by toyah View Post
Was there something wrong with the way I phrased it, patm1313, that it needed to be resaid? Just I am assuming that you've reworded that part of my post for a reason ...
I either missed your post or was just naming all of the killing methods I know. Sorry.

-Patm1313

Old 03-05-2008, 07:12 PM   #25
Jrgh17
Quote:
I either missed your post or was just naming all of the killing methods I know. Sorry.

-Patm1313
You don't know what your intention was?!?

Personally, I'm seeing a lot of this from you. You just collect information from other sources, and then spew it out. If you don't have experience or don't know, you don't need to say anything. Give your "submit reply" button a rest.

Old 03-05-2008, 07:22 PM   #26
jazzgeek
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrgh17 View Post
If you don't have experience or don't know, you don't need to say anything. Give your "submit reply" button a rest.
Jenni, you're hereby invited to be a guest blogger on my rant site, once I get it online and running.

You'll be perfect for it, trust me.

regards,
jazz

Old 03-05-2008, 07:29 PM   #27
Lennycorn
Quote:
And regurged it, and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it
and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it
and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it
and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it
and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it
and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it
and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it and regurged it

Old 03-05-2008, 07:53 PM   #28
tricksterpup
Quote:
All pro breeders either use c02, flash freezing, or normal freezing. Freezing live pinkies is no problem, as they are almost immediatley unconcious, so that ice crystals can form without them feeling pain. C02 works great on older mice, and especially in large quantities. Flash freezing: You probably can't do many mice at a time, bt it is humane, and some companies even boast that flash freezing preserves them better.

I'm not really worried about the holes, as I have already fed them to my snake.
So your Now an expert at rodent breeding and euthanization of rodents?
http://www.iacuc.ucsf.edu/Policies/awGlEuthR.asp

Old 03-05-2008, 08:08 PM   #29
patm1313
Quote:
Originally Posted by tricksterpup View Post
So your Now an expert at rodent breeding and euthanization of rodents?
http://www.iacuc.ucsf.edu/Policies/awGlEuthR.asp
Nope. Not anywhere close. But I have read up on the methods.

Old 03-05-2008, 08:19 PM   #30
Susielea
starsevol, Nanci, toyah, Jrgh17, jazzgeek, Lennycorn, tricksterpup!

For some reason I cannot give out rep points in the feeder forum, but you all Sooo deserve some!

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google