CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

I've got ASFR babies, progression pics!

Old 08-13-2008, 08:01 PM   #1
Susielea
I've got ASFR babies, progression pics!

I went in to check on the African Soft Furred Rats earlier this evening, because I'd heard some squeaking

I had the camera at the ready, in case Big Momma had given birth and this is what I found, ahhhh! They were not there at 7pm, but they were just after 9.30pm

I count 8 at the moment, not sure if she's finished, she still looks rather plump. I'll leave them alone until the morning and check on them again then.

These pics have got the other 2 females in the box with the babies, who seem to be helping with their care. Big Momma was getting a nice long drink when I opened the box and not one of them tried attacking me, although I haven't touched the pinks.

Anyway, thanks for looking

Old 08-13-2008, 08:14 PM   #2
Nanci
They are so cute!!!

Old 08-13-2008, 09:17 PM   #3
susang
Oh! How cute, I'm not falling for the cute rodent thing again, but if I did those be on my list. LALALALA, I'm not looking at those babies.

Old 08-13-2008, 09:35 PM   #4
Susielea
Thank you! They really do look cute, they have very fine downy fur on them already and they can't be more than 2.5 hours old, you can just about see where they will have white heads and rumps, with a darker middle (I think it's called pied?) like the parents and I love the little one in the middle of the pile with it's bum up in the air...lol

I'll post update pics as I get them

Old 08-14-2008, 02:08 AM   #5
Velvet
They really look like alien little things don't they? hehehe Not like other rodent pinkies at all. Wait a few days and they will go into what I call their "Mad scientist" phase! lol

Old 08-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #6
wade
Way cute Sue. I'll be interested to see what the Mad Scientist stage is.

Old 08-14-2008, 12:27 PM   #7
LBoz
Aww, they're so cute, Sue! Congrats on the little pinks, and I agree, that bum shot is adorable!

Old 08-14-2008, 03:37 PM   #8
anendeloflorien
Sweet! I just got 1.2 ASFs so I'm hoping we see some pinks soon. It's getting really hard to find live pinkies around here and some of my baby corns won't eat F/T yet. Good looking little guys! Don't forget to keep your fingers away from the momma I hear they can bite to the bone

Old 08-14-2008, 04:00 PM   #9
Susielea
Thanks for the nice comments!

Just thought I'd pop another pic of the babies on, these were taken at 24 hours old and I can just see some changes in their colour and size, so it looks like Big Momma is doing a good job. That's Momma next to the babies, looking up at me

Oh and I've still not been attacked, even though I quickly touched the babies with Mum in there

Old 08-14-2008, 04:06 PM   #10
Susielea
Quote:
Originally Posted by anendeloflorien View Post
Sweet! I just got 1.2 ASFs so I'm hoping we see some pinks soon. It's getting really hard to find live pinkies around here and some of my baby corns won't eat F/T yet. Good looking little guys! Don't forget to keep your fingers away from the momma I hear they can bite to the bone
I'm not sure that the size of these pinks will be small enough for young hatchlings, as they are bigger than mouse pinks, about twice the size, so you may have to rethink that idea, sorry

And I haven't been bitten yet, fingers crossed

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google