CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Humane Euthanization?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #41
Em Wright
To be completely honest. I think that's the stupidest thing I've heard all day.

Natural balance? So you think starving to death is better than being put to sleep? To me that's cruel. Letting an animal suffer because "it's natural" is not only terrible but stupid.

I'm sorry to be so forward and blunt, but I can't believe someone would have that kind of a view.

As for non-feeders. There are a lot of techniques to get non-feeders to eat and at a certain point if none of those techniques work, I personally would NOT just let the hatchling die of starvation. If it continues to refuse no matter what you do, then it's time for it to go to sleep and pass on. Suffering is not something anybody, animal or person should have to do until the end.

If given the choice when I get old or if I were to end up a vegatable with no quality of life. I hope that by the time I get old they allow medical "murders"., because I would rather be "euthanized" than drag on without being able to truly LIVE.

Why let something live if there is no quality of life? Or if you know it will die anyway but more slowly and painfully?

Old 02-27-2009, 05:07 PM   #42
Rotach
I'm not deciding it for anyone else but myself. And I strongly disagree with putting a snake in the freezer because it's not anesthetically pleasing.

If the animal is ill and on it's way out, I still disagree. Set it free, let nature be the judge. As far as imbalancing an ecosystem by releasing corn snakes in the wild. I don't see that making the news about how it's negatively effecting the enviroment. Like I said, "Where there's life, there's hope."

Old 02-27-2009, 05:11 PM   #43
Rotach
Well, welcome to the world Em, people have all different types of views. I won't call your view stupid though, it's your opinion.

Old 02-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #44
Em Wright
I don't think this is the proper thread for that discussion. Let's try to stick to mice shall we?

Old 02-27-2009, 08:12 PM   #45
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotach View Post
I see humans deciding upon euthanization as an unnatural approach. It's interfering with nature's most basic response to the end of life.
Sooo, you let your snake(s) run free in the yard? Because, of course, having them in a cage (among other things) is interfering with nature . . .

D80

Old 02-27-2009, 08:46 PM   #46
Em Wright
Honestly the guy doesn't have a leg to stand on after what happened in teh other thread. But oh well, that's two of my threads he's managed to derail in the end. I'm just glad I got the information I required from both before that happened!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:18 PM   #47
Chip
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotach View Post
I absolutely loathe the idea of euthanizing a baby snake due to a kink it's tail, or it refusung to eat. I think it's appauling. I'd rather see the little guy set free in your backyard.
Nope. Nope.com!

Old 02-27-2009, 09:44 PM   #48
TandJ
Quote:
If the animal is ill and on it's way out, I still disagree. Set it free, let nature be the judge. As far as imbalancing an ecosystem by releasing corn snakes in the wild. I don't see that making the news about how it's negatively effecting the enviroment. Like I said, "Where there's life, there's hope."
its a similair notion that has messed up a lot of the wild Desert Tortise in my area.. Never, ever releash a CB animal.. Believe me, it is reasoning like yours that tends to get Government more wrapped up into our hobbies than we need.. Also it views like your own that tends to wipe out native populations because of some strain of URI that wipes out almost an entire population to the endangered list..

*shrugs* Freezer bait for my kings and milks is much more accpetable, even though it is unpleasant..

Regards.. Tim of T and J

Old 02-28-2009, 02:33 AM   #49
saszoo
wow everyone, i looked at this thread yesterday, and it was informative and interesting, and now it's off all tied up in insults and opinions having to do with nothing but ethics.... come on now!

Old 02-28-2009, 10:16 AM   #50
Drizzt80
Quote:
Originally Posted by saszoo View Post
and now it's off all tied up in insults and opinions having to do with nothing but ethics.... come on now!
Welcome to the internet. Enjoy your stay.

D80

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google