CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Euthanization -- A New Method

Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #81
neiman07
its real! its funny as heck to.. but im sure he didnt shoot it! i mean i could be wrong but i bet he took it off then shot the card board. or you would see some goo lol

Old 05-21-2011, 12:19 PM   #82
Buzzard
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blutengel View Post
So,,,, am I the only one looking closely at the mouse and doubting wether it was photoshopped? It looks way real.... if it's real, I surely don't think it's funny.
Look again. Its photoshopped, and its awesome funny.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:07 PM   #83
neiman07
is it.. i guess i needed to look better i thought i was just a freashly killed mouse twist tied to a box!
gee now i feel dumb lol

Old 05-21-2011, 02:51 PM   #84
SnakeAround
How do you see it's photoshopped then? Quite impossible to have a mouse photographed like that without tying it up...or to photoshop a complete view of a mouses bottom view.

I did not realise it most probably is a freshly killed mouse, that would not bother me though. Life would (not saying the OP would have tied it up).

Old 05-21-2011, 04:52 PM   #85
Buzzard
First of all mice don't stand up perfect dead or not (reality). So its photoshopped or enhanced. I raise mice and rats for both pets and feeders. That's an altered pic. And a funny one at that. Also do you see any blood from the shooting. Get real and wake up. Its a joke, not a real method.

Old 05-21-2011, 04:57 PM   #86
SnakeAround
I don't think the mouse was really shot... and with straps it could be tied like that. Of course I don't think a mouse can stand like that...

I just don't get it... everybody says it is photoshopped, but can't say what shows it. I just don't believe it can be photoshopped like that... what photo could be the base for altering? It looks like a freshly killed mouse tied up. I have really zoomed in to it and see nothing indicating it was photoshopped.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:06 PM   #87
neiman07
that what i thought a freshly killed mouse twist tied up hehe so then he would stand straight up! and of course it wasnt shot lol you would see the GOOP if it was!

Old 05-21-2011, 05:12 PM   #88
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
First of all mice don't stand up perfect dead or not (reality). So its photoshopped or enhanced. I raise mice and rats for both pets and feeders. That's an altered pic. And a funny one at that. Also do you see any blood from the shooting. Get real and wake up. Its a joke, not a real method.
It can if:

a- it is twisty-tied to the box, as clearly seen in the photo
b- the box is actually tilted on the edge at that point to prevent 'sagging' of the mouse. That would also allow the tail to be like that as well

No photoshop required when a bit of ingenuity can do the trick

Old 05-21-2011, 05:17 PM   #89
Buzzard
Check the ears. Real mouse ears do not tend to be so round. The face is straight. If the mouse was prekilled and stood up the nose would fall down to the chest. If it was dead laying on its back the head (nose) would fall to the side. This pic is altered. Also notice how groomed it is.

Old 05-21-2011, 05:29 PM   #90
Shiari
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzzard View Post
Check the ears. Real mouse ears do not tend to be so round. The face is straight. If the mouse was prekilled and stood up the nose would fall down to the chest. If it was dead laying on its back the head (nose) would fall to the side. This pic is altered. Also notice how groomed it is.
You have gotta be kidding me. Nothing about the mouse is off. If you raise the arms up that high, the point of the shoulder can prop up the head. It's similar to how when taking radiographs of cats on their backs I use their elbows to force their head to be straight. And dead things can be positioned so they don't fall. I have dealt with many a deceased animal. The head does NOT fall to the side if simply positioned to not do so.

Sorry, all your 'reasons' are negated by my experience as a vet tech.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google