CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

Miniature Sheep!

Old 10-18-2009, 09:51 PM   #61
Vinman
Well now you know.

Old 10-18-2009, 09:55 PM   #62
ratsncorns
Quote:
Originally Posted by sweet~nichole~marie View Post
Wow, this is a little odd, but until I joined a snake forum, I didn't even know that there were clubs like this or that there are actually shows for rats and mice like there are dog shows.

Kinda ironic . . . ~LOL~
I have been to a few rat shows, they are always a lot of fun!

Old 10-18-2009, 10:07 PM   #63
sweet~nichole~marie
I did just see some dumbo rats for the first time in person yesterday, and have to say, their ears were really cute!

I'm realizing that people can collect rodent morphs just like they do corn morphs. You may not realize what a paradigm shift this is for me . . . I honestly only used to view mice as "snake food" ~LOL~ and those disgusting things my cat would bring in and stuff under the sofa and let rot . . .

Old 10-18-2009, 10:21 PM   #64
Zulu3
GAH I want sheep rats

Old 10-18-2009, 10:22 PM   #65
Zulu3
i mean sheep mice

Old 10-18-2009, 10:23 PM   #66
CaptBogart
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinman View Post
Thanks, now maybe I can hunt down some people in my area!

Quote:
I started out with just some albinos from Petco, and just yesterday drove 20 minutes out of my way to go to a mom and pop pet store to get some cute, colored ones! Now I have a couple black and white mottled ones, orange and white mottled, and this funky orange/brown agouti type.
That's what I did the first time I started breeder colonies, but they were so inbred that I had cannibal and small litter issues. I ended up just feeding them all off. This time I started with hybrids and I've been adding new blood to them, so I haven't had any issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
I dont know how I missed this thread! They are cute, and ugly at the same time!
LOL, but mostly ugly... The lady that bought the parents from me has what she calls patchwork rats that are hairless with funky designs made up of thin strips of fur...

Quote:
Originally Posted by ratsncorns View Post
I have been to a few rat shows, they are always a lot of fun!
On the UK mouse forum I was checking out, they had pics of a recent show, and it looked almost like a reptile show but with judging... I think it would be cool to see reptiles judged by category... IE; Best Opal Corn, Super Tiger, Pied BP, etc...

Old 10-18-2009, 10:44 PM   #67
sweet~nichole~marie
I have noticed the ones from the mom and pop shop are much larger, healthier looking, and have bigger litters than my petco albinos. Live and learn . . . plus they are a lot prettier. I decided that if I am going to fill my garage with mice and rats, I want pretty ones!!!

Judging categories would be pretty cool, but then everyone would bring their own snakes to the shows! Not sure how that would work out ~LOL~

Old 10-18-2009, 10:50 PM   #68
CaptBogart
Quote:
I have noticed the ones from the mom and pop shop are much larger, healthier looking, and have bigger litters than my petco albinos. Live and learn . . . plus they are a lot prettier. I decided that if I am going to fill my garage with mice and rats, I want pretty ones!!!
I know what you mean, I wanted cool looking ones myself.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google

Tags
mouse