CornSnakes.com Forums  
  Tired of those Google and InfoLinks ads? Register and log in!

Go Back   CornSnakes.com Forums > The CornSnake Forums > Feeders
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

Feeders Any and all issues about raising rats, mice, or anything else that you feed your cornsnakes.

F/T vs. Live Debate

Old 02-24-2010, 02:29 PM   #21
carnivorouszoo
Sorry for db but I ran a search and got mostly sites about snake Venom and levels of toxicity, but nothing about f/t being toxic. . . Maybe if worded differently . . .dunno.

Old 02-24-2010, 04:04 PM   #22
pridecity
@carnivorouszoo: My snake Grrr prefers live. I'm still feeding him live. Almost there for fresh killed, I think. He'll take fresh killed about 40% of the time. I think he's just trying to twist me around his tail, if you know what I mean.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:11 PM   #23
DarkSmoke
i know i probably get flammed from being a live feeder (well i changed my corn to f/t cause of regurgs anyways..)

just a bit of knowledge:
freezing is not a safe way of taking care of viruses/bacteria/parasites, most of the time it just slows down the growth and not completly stop it, thats why we have a certain amount of days/months depending on type of meat we can leave our raw meat frozen because most of it is still growing but slowly. So a safe way for those paranoid of the germs is to find how much is best to freeze the mice. Tough i definitly doubt that that will effect the snakes since they are raw feeders by nature so they can take op on bacteria unless its reallyy badly overrun by the germs.

as for the cooking part:
first those who compared themselves to the snakes about cooking the meat making it toxic to snakes with humans they were being plain stupid.
we are humans, our systems are adapted to eating cooked me unlike animals.
still, raw food is healtier for us unlike popular belief and the world is over paranoid about germs. There were humans who had alergies that only could eat raw cause their stomach couldn't eat cooked food and actualy it saved them.
Even your dog and cat aren't made to eat cooked food.
Yes some of them do survive their full lifespan with dried food but most of the health issues that come up are cause of dried food since its cooked meat and vegtibles.
Also, believe it or not, even with the smalles amount of heat toxins are created in meat and studies showed that those toxins are responsible for some cancer(forgot the name) in as humans that we are adpated to cooked make it, let alone to carnivores.Again maybe its rare, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There were people who just found their snakes dead in the morning and they don't know what happened, so lets not jump to conclusions.

Its true that vitamins are lost with thawing , but thats nonsence effecting the snake since they don't feed so often in nature so frequent feed repays for that.

Another thing for the google search, Google gives different results for different parts of the world for those who don't know.i will try to search about this.

my final words:
if this disease that this guy name doesn't exist, chances of the snakes being hurt by frozen food are really really small and for those who feed freshly killed are the same.
people shouldn't worry about this, since probably the poluted air we have is more dangarous then this and also we can't give 100% imunity to snakes.

Old 02-24-2010, 05:24 PM   #24
bitsy
Quote:
O/T, but all tinned dog and cat food is cooked, as well as the content of dried food. By that logic, the only healthy dogs and cats are those fed raw meat or fish.

Old 02-25-2010, 06:48 PM   #25
DarkSmoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitsy View Post
O/T, but all tinned dog and cat food is cooked, as well as the content of dried food. By that logic, the only healthy dogs and cats are those fed raw meat or fish.
Exacly, The healthiest dogs/cats/carnivores are those on raw meat. Of course human still sruvive most of their lifespan on junk food, some don't but they aint the healty as they should be.Same with dogs , some of them survive without problems, some of them encounter problems mostly cause be the bad stuff comercial stuff they are fed but then there are the vets who make the money and heal them. but compare a dog on raw meat and one on dried/canned name whatever and you'll see the difference by just opening their mouth and taking a look, smell them or their mouth, touch their fair. its enough to see wich one is healthier.

Old 02-25-2010, 07:22 PM   #26
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
Exacly, The healthiest dogs/cats/carnivores are those on raw meat. Of course human still sruvive most of their lifespan on junk food, some don't but they aint the healty as they should be.Same with dogs , some of them survive without problems, some of them encounter problems mostly cause be the bad stuff comercial stuff they are fed but then there are the vets who make the money and heal them. but compare a dog on raw meat and one on dried/canned name whatever and you'll see the difference by just opening their mouth and taking a look, smell them or their mouth, touch their fair. its enough to see wich one is healthier.
Dogs are not true carnivores, they evolved by eating food from human trash heaps. The problem with most pet foods is that they are marketed to consumers that think this or that is cool rather than what is actually healthy for their pets to eat.

now how did i get suckered into this off topic sub-plot?

Old 02-25-2010, 07:25 PM   #27
Teddy Roosevelt
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSmoke View Post
i know i probably get flammed from being a live feeder (well i changed my corn to f/t cause of regurgs anyways..)

just a bit of knowledge:
freezing is not a safe way of taking care of viruses/bacteria/parasites, most of the time it just slows down the growth and not completly stop it, thats why we have a certain amount of days/months depending on type of meat we can leave our raw meat frozen because most of it is still growing but slowly. So a safe way for those paranoid of the germs is to find how much is best to freeze the mice. Tough i definitly doubt that that will effect the snakes since they are raw feeders by nature so they can take op on bacteria unless its reallyy badly overrun by the germs.

as for the cooking part:
first those who compared themselves to the snakes about cooking the meat making it toxic to snakes with humans they were being plain stupid.
we are humans, our systems are adapted to eating cooked me unlike animals.
still, raw food is healtier for us unlike popular belief and the world is over paranoid about germs. There were humans who had alergies that only could eat raw cause their stomach couldn't eat cooked food and actualy it saved them.
Yes some of them do survive their full lifespan with dried food but most of the health issues that come up are cause of dried food since its cooked meat and vegtibles.
Also, believe it or not, even with the smalles amount of heat toxins are created in meat and studies showed that those toxins are responsible for some cancer(forgot the name) in as humans that we are adpated to cooked make it, let alone to carnivores.Again maybe its rare, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. There were people who just found their snakes dead in the morning and they don't know what happened, so lets not jump to conclusions.

Its true that vitamins are lost with thawing , but thats nonsence effecting the snake since they don't feed so often in nature so frequent feed repays for that.

Another thing for the google search, Google gives different results for different parts of the world for those who don't know.i will try to search about this.

my final words:
if this disease that this guy name doesn't exist, chances of the snakes being hurt by frozen food are really really small and for those who feed freshly killed are the same.
people shouldn't worry about this, since probably the poluted air we have is more dangarous then this and also we can't give 100% imunity to snakes.
[citation needed]

Old 02-25-2010, 07:59 PM   #28
medusacoils
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pepper View Post
[citation needed]
Citations are not necessary from Senior DarkSmoke. He is omniscient. Thought everyone knew that?

Wayne

Old 02-25-2010, 08:01 PM   #29
gelshark
Quote:
Originally Posted by medusacoils View Post
Citations are not necessary from Senior DarkSmoke. He is omniscient. Thought everyone knew that?

Wayne
[another citation needed]

Old 02-25-2010, 08:10 PM   #30
Roy Munson
I want chicken.
I want liver.
Meow Mix, Meow Mix
Please de-liv-er.

Join now to reply to this thread or open new ones for your questions & comments! Cornsnakes.com is the largest online community dedicated to cornsnakes . Registration is open to everyone and FREE. Click Here to Register!

Google